How does homeopathy work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wetware View Post
    The study I linked to shows the opposite on 12 month quality of life follow ups. Those who were told that they received a placebo surgery rate their quality of life in regard to their disease as lower whether they received the actual surgery or not.
    Oh OK. Just shows that one should never trust second hand information :-)
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Comment

Well, it's not as if all studies agree. Might be some out there that show what you're talking about too. The thing is, the study I was looking at covers a very experimental procedure that might not work regardless. Implantation of embryonic neurons is by no means a proven treatment for Parkinson's.

Comment

The practice and administration of woo-medicine is difficult. please refer to the following flow chart to help guide your decisions (credit):

Comment

Hey I end up at Rolfing actually sounds kind of pleasant not that it would cure you of anything
          Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
          –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

I think this pretty well covers it...

Comment

Originally posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
              Holy shit ...

I am so sorry ...

:(

*edit*

I mean, I am sorry you got cancer ,,, that's a :( too ..

I was seriously trying to be empathic about having to deal with people who love you but give you advice like " well just eat six almonds a day " .

You can't punch her ! She is your mother ... that must be seriously frustrating
              It would be pretty funny to me if it wasn't my own mother. I asked her why she didn't tell me about the almond thing BEFORE the cancer. She actually apologized like "yeah, I should have, I'm really sorry".

I was being sarcastic and she just totally missed it. Stupid hippies/moms.
              "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

MMA is defined as Mixed Martial Arts. It is a full contact combat game that authorize a wide variety of war techniques, from a mixture of usual wrestling, to be used in opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by angela25 View Post
                  MMA is defined as Mixed Martial Arts. It is a full contact combat game that authorize a wide variety of war techniques, from a mixture of usual wrestling, to be used in opposition.
                  I cannot wait to hear what else you have to add to the discussion. I seriously lol'd so hard at the fail in this post that I thought I was in sheerdog.

Go ahead, angela, enlighten us further on this "Mixed Martial Arts".
                  GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                  Originally posted by Devil
                  I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                  Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                  I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

i am new to this forum...please can anyone provide me complete information.

Comment

Go to the newbietown forum here: Newbietown - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Start a thread about yourself and ask your question there. DO NOT POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE THIS OR I WILL PERSONALLY MAKE SURE YOUR STAY HERE IS UNPLEASANT.
                      I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                      I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by angela25 View Post
                        Fuck it while we are off topic am I the only one that finds it odd that cage fighting is reffed to as MMA vs that of No Holds Barred?
                        Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                        –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

And that they wear gloves but have no honour.
                          I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

War techniques... Lesnar should have called in an air strike.
                            "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                              Hey I end up at Rolfing actually sounds kind of pleasant not that it would cure you of anything

Actually, I'll back up Rolfing. I had it as supplemental PT for an elbow and hip injury, and it helped me get my range of motion back. It's basically a massage methodology focusing on muscle group and adhesions between muscles and fascial planes (things that actually, you know, exist), and has a PT element to it as well. Works nicely, but won't cure you of the sniffles or anything.

Comment

The Rolf Institute of Structural Integration states that Rolfing is a "holistic system of soft tissue manipulation and movement education that organized the whole body in gravity".
                                Yeaaaaah.... no.
                                HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
                                https://www.fitocracy.com/group/2988/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X