How does homeopathy work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naszir View Post
    I think this video can explain it all, you bunch of naysayersDr. Werner's Lecture.
    just add einstein!

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
      I can not imagine how painful for you it must be to listen to this tripe and to know people out there believe this shit and turn around and say stuff like what the heck do scientist know anyways.
      It does fucking suck. I do my best to do "outreach" and now I work in clinical science I have a bit more experience and weight behind my (IRL) title and name.

But people like these don't want to know differently because they're either delusional and/or making a great deal of money peddling snakeoil. So for them, they get baited and mocked.

The best part was being accused of being a schill for "Big Pharma". That's the first time I've been told I'm "in league with the devil". I feel I moved up the ranks slightly with that :)

Comment

This is being passed around and some of the commentary in the poem strikes me as topical:

YouTube - Tim Minchin Storm

Tim Minchin performing his beat poem...STORM.

Look for the 'alternate medicine' commentary in the dialogue.
        Last edited by Rabu; 10/11/2010 11:48am, . Reason: Edited to correct spelling of three letter name, because spelling is hurp derp

Comment

Minchin is a fucking genius, "Do you know what they call alternative medicine that works? ... Medicine"

Comment

I chuckled. Concerning the whole Big Pharma thing, though, I would love to hear them say the same crap when THEY become the Big Pharma. Stunning how few people realize that you can't really rail against the esblishment when, in time, you will become the establishment for the next generation to say "OMGURLAME!!!1!"

Comment

Originally posted by Koiyuki View Post
              I chuckled. Concerning the whole Big Pharma thing, though, I would love to hear them say the same crap when THEY become the Big Pharma. Stunning how few people realize that you can't really rail against the esblishment when, in time, you will become the establishment for the next generation to say "OMGURLAME!!!1!"
              Oh please let us hope that this psuedo science bs never does become the establishment.
              That being said it would be nice if big pharma(or big anything else for that matter) would keep out of politics.
              Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
              –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by Naszir View Post
                I think this video can explain it all, you bunch of naysayersDr. Werner's Lecture.
                Holy shit.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                  Oh please let us hope that this psuedo science bs never does become the establishment.
                  That being said it would be nice if big pharma(or big anything else for that matter) would keep out of politics.
                  What sort of politics? National?

Comment

Originally posted by tideliar View Post
                    National, local, global.
                    They are corporations, the very nature of a corporation is to make money. They are legally obligated to make money for the share holders. I do not fault them for this as it serves a purpose in our society. I am not anti-corporation, I am anti-corporation participating as part of the political scene.
                    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Anyone else hear "Fight the Power" by Public Enemy start playing in their heads? Anyone? Ah well, thanks goodlun, I haven't heard it in ages and your post, for whatever reason, started it up for me.
                      GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                      Originally posted by Devil
                      I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                      Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                      I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
                        Anyone else hear "Fight the Power" by Public Enemy start playing in their heads? Anyone? Ah well, thanks goodlun, I haven't heard it in ages and your post, for whatever reason, started it up for me.
                        YouTube - warrior judokas 2

Comment

Fucking LOL :D

Comment

Originally posted by tideliar View Post
                            The bill prohibiting Medicare from using its bargaining power to negotiate cheaper rates for prescription drugs was one of the biggest "f--- you"s perpetrated on the American tax-payer in history.

Comment

Let's just hope homeopathy will not be mandated in the future. This happens in other countries. The NHS allows for funding of homeopathy in the UK. There was a call by scientists to end funding for it, but they were ignored by the UK government. That's all the homeopathic lobby has to do is grease a few palms, and then we'll be paying billions of dollars a year for placebos.

Comment

Yeah, that fucking drives me crazy...

From The Daily Telegraph:

"The Commons Science and Technology Committee said there is no evidence the drugs are any more effective than a placebo - the same as taking a sugar or dummy pill and believing it works...Last month, doctors attending the British Medical Association (BMA) annual conference backed this view, saying homeopathic remedies should be banned on the NHS and taken off pharmacy shelves where they are sold as medicines...The treatment was described as "nonsense on stilts" and that patients would be better off buying bottled water

Ms Milton said the Government welcomed the MPs' report but "remain of the view that the local National Health Service and clinicians are best placed to make decisions on what treatment is appropriate for their patients".

These decisions should take account of safety, and clinical and cost effectiveness, she said, adding that the Government remained committed to providing good-quality information on the treatments"

Fucking morons. Utter. Fucking. Morons.

The doctors say ban it. The Commons select committee says ban it. The government says no because it's popular. Fucking. Morons.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X