No announcement yet.

How does homeopathy work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did almost exactly the same goddamn thing.

Comment

Homeopathy once cured my toothache.

True story.

Comment

One time I had this really terrible head-ache from getting dehydrated after being in the Israeli sun all day.
        So I drank a lot of water and rested and it went away!
        no more head-ache.

Homeopathy works, any more questions?

Edit:
        Adding this video you've all seen surely, but I still love.
        YouTube - That Mitchell and Webb Look: Homeopathic A&E
        Last edited by Gidi; 10/03/2010 11:40am, . Reason: add video

Comment

Grrrr, I'm in a bad mood and looking forward to coming in and murdering the OP (nothing personal...).

IRL I write for a major science blogging network and recently wrote a post about homeopathy and how it's a bunch of pants. I got Brian "water memory" Jospehson, Nobel laureate, ranting at me, internet freakshow John "quantum nanocrystalloids" Benneth slandering me and writing some seriously deranged bullshit, and even Dana "worlds richest quack" Ullman abusing me.

It was fucking awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by tideliar View Post
            Grrrr, I'm in a bad mood and looking forward to coming in and murdering the OP (nothing personal...).

IRL I write for a major science blogging network and recently wrote a post about homeopathy and how it's a bunch of pants. I got Brian "water memory" Jospehson, Nobel laureate, ranting at me, internet freakshow John "quantum nanocrystalloids" Benneth slandering me and writing some seriously deranged bullshit, and even Dana "worlds richest quack" Ullman abusing me.

It was fucking awesome!
            But why would they argue, when the answer is so obvious?
            Did you refer them to the Op's website, it's very clear there.

Comment

Mars used to be a water planet teeming with life.

The original mars probes carried a single copy of Ashida Kims books. The dilution killed the planet.

Homo fist works on a planetary scale.

True story.

Comment

Originally posted by Gidi View Post
                But why would they argue, when the answer is so obvious?
                Did you refer them to the Op's website, it's very clear there.
                Oh if it were only that easy... most of them are big into rebutting the Ten23 shit anyway. A bunch of my (science geek/nerd) friends took part in the homeopathic mass overdoses in London. Truly LOLs

Comment

I sent this to my dad, who is all about homeopathy.

He sent me two and a half pages of a rant about how this is part of the propaganda campaign of "Big Pharma" who want to kill us all through poison Pepto and fluoride in our water.

Comment

The naivety of that argument is obvious if you look at the argument on first principles: Big Pharma is about making money, right? So, A) why are they trying to kill us & B) if it costs on average $1,800,000,000 (1.8 billion) for every new drug developed and only $1.50 for a bottle of mineral water - which do you think is the bestest and fastest way to sell us crap and make money...

If "Big Pharma" could make money selling homeopathic remedies, it would. Homeopathy is a multi-billion dollar industry now and growing faster than "Big Pharma"...

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
                      Only if the victim is "mostly" dead. Then it would require a miracle.

He has to "blave" also.
                      Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Comment

I think this video can explain it all, you bunch of naysayersDr. Werner's Lecture.

Comment

I tried to make my way through the video I really did but what the woman does to science is just unforgivable. It wouldn't be so bad but someone watching this is going yeah yeah oh yeah ok wow that so scientific it must be right.
                          Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                          –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

YouTube - The (pseudo)Science of Homeopathy

This the vid mashup of that loony woman "Dr" and John Benneth the crazy motherfucker who "attacked" me on my science blog.

Fucking LOLtastic. I oscillated between trying to debunk their bullshit and enjoying letting talk wankery. Methane clathrates? So...ice crystals? Cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by tideliar View Post

This the vid mashup of that loony woman "Dr" and John Benneth the crazy motherfucker who "attacked" me on my science blog.

Fucking LOLtastic. I oscillated between trying to debunk their bullshit and enjoying letting talk wankery. Methane clathrates? So...ice crystals? Cunt.
                              I can not imagine how painful for you it must be to listen to this tripe and to know people out there believe this shit and turn around and say stuff like what the heck do scientist know anyways.
                              Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                              –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Josh View Post
                                He has to "blave" also.
                                make sure you list the wheelbarrow as part of our assets.

Dr Stephen Barrett has an excellent site called "Quackwatch" with a sub-site called Homeowatch. Excellent resources to combat the homeopathy nonsense.

OP: awesome web site! well played!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X