The"kia" and attacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The"kia" and attacking

Do you feel it is true that one of the reasons you yell or expel air (From your mouth Ronin) when attacking is because it allows the body to take a blow better... solidifies the body so even if your attack misses or you are hit while coming in you can absorb the damage better?

First its "kiai".
    Second, ALL systems of combat advocate expelling air, in one way or another, at the moment of attack, its just good logic for many reasons.
    Just as you expell air when you do any physically demanding endevour ( or should), wither it be lifting a weight, throwing a punch or throwing a body.

Comment

"First its "kiai"."

You know I can't spill

Comment

Ronin with your Chen Tai Chi background isn't there a slightly different way they expel the air to get the "fajing" effect....I could be wrong, but I don't think it is done exactly like you would think....

Comment

kiaiing when taking hits, what u said is true. but kiaiing to do soemthing, esp in wrestling, is to activate sympathetic (adrenaline-on) system.

Comment

In Taiji, you do "reverse breathing" to expell the air as you strike or apply fajing.
            That type of breathing is what is done when you are gonna lift something heavy for example.
            You expell are and your "gut" expands rather than contracting.
            Weight lifters breath that way too and you will notice that, when you are gonna hit ot throw someone, you will "automatically" breath that way too.

Comment

All I know is that I was hit while breathing in once and I didn't like it.

Comment

The secret is to NOT breath at all.
                Breathing is for wimps.
                Breathing is over rated anyways.

Comment

:rolleyes:

Comment

:D

Comment

:mad:
                      ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Comment

:p

Comment

:rolleyes:

Comment

:confused:
                            ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Comment

:mad:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X