The BS that are Sex Surveys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BS that are Sex Surveys.

There is so much wrong with how this survey was conducted. The simple fact that data was kept that allowed identification of answers with those surveyed for the purpose of later verification indicates that the first sex survey was non-anonymous.

What the heck? How did that fly? And why would ANYONE be surprised about a disparity in asnwers? This method would only confirm one thing: non-anonymous sex surveys result in inaccurate answers.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

There are ways around that but in essence you are correct.

Comment

GAH!

Don't tell him he's correct! He'll get a bigger noggin'!

But yeah...not surprising results.
        Regards,
        CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
        One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
        Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

I don't have ALL the details of HOW it was conducted, but since it was based on percentages...
          Take the fidelity one:
          If 44 said yes the first time and 67 said yes the second, what does that have to do with being anonimous?
          Can you clear that up for me?
          By the way, the thesis WAS graded very highly by the professors, so I am sure there may be more to HOW the survey was done than I am aware of.

Comment

If there is a lack of anonymity then individuals are even more likely to lie about fidelity. In an anonymous survey people would presumably be more likely to tell the truth. The importance of the lack of anonymity is best highlighted by the fact that when put to a lie detector some individuals refused to participate.

Also as a point of reference just because these studies get reviewed and approved doesn't mean they are flawless or even correct. If you want proof I can cite some papers from science or nature (two premiere journals) that have serious flaws. Or my own thesis work.

Comment

Reliable enough.

Particularly for a case like this.

Comment

Doch, I see your point , I emailed the guy who sent me the info.
                I KNOW it was anonymous but I am not sure what process was used to garantee it.
                The fact that ALL 100 people were called back, my be the concern? since they had to have their names to call them back ?

I still think that its an interesting observation about the "intimidation" felt for lie detectors, even though, like edge said, they are NOT admissable in court, for the average person, hook them up and they are MORE likely to tell the truth, I am sure most in the survey did just that.

Even though, again, the results were based SOLEY on percentages, and the survey was done ONLY to see the effect that a "lie detector" would have on the reusults, I think its an interesting survey.

Comment

is anyone else slightly distrubed by the 2/3 of people cheating?

Comment

What might have happened during the two-month interval? How do you conduct an anonymous polygraph?
                    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Originally posted by willy
                      is anyone else slightly distrubed by the 2/3 of people cheating?
                      Disturbed? yes, surprised? NO.

Comment

No.

They're all shallow bastards and bitches anyways.
                        Regards,
                        CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
                        One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
                        Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

Originally posted by The Wastrel
                          What might have happened during the two-month interval? How do you conduct an anonymous polygraph?
                          The two month question is indeed a valid point.

Comment

Here's one for you:
                            http://www.durex.com/sexsurvey2/glob...l_sex2003b.htm

Comment

I am sure that NO ONE would mislead DUREX !!! :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X