PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to go to this seminar

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

MrGalt
9/08/2010 7:30am,
According to the comment there he got to brown belt using only private lessons...

Wait, slideyfoot said that? Wow, he totally trained on the same floor as a ninja master. I bet it was still warm from his ki.

Rabu
9/08/2010 9:11am,
I have paid for worse. Long ago.

But really, you should only make that mistake a small number of times before you simply wipe your butt with cash instead.

judoka_uk
9/08/2010 9:39am,
Is it possible to get a BJJ brown belt on only private lessons, do you not have to compete?

MrGalt
9/08/2010 9:45am,
Is it possible to get a BJJ brown belt on only private lessons, do you not have to compete?

Didn't Al Bundy do the same thing?

twisted mind
9/08/2010 10:24am,
Amazing! I've been performing my punches and kicks wrong for all this time. Thanks Ninjer Master for pointing out the error of my ways. I'm off to dedicate my life to black pajama LARPing

judoka_uk
9/08/2010 11:10am,
Didn't Al Bundy do the same thing?
Had to look up Al Bundy, internet says he's some tv show character. I take it you're joking...?

Lu Tze
9/08/2010 11:24am,
Ed O'Neill, the guy who played Al Bundy, is a BJJ black belt.

Don't know if he got there entirely through privates though. I didn't even know it was possible... it's certainly not desirable IMO, but who the **** am I to argue.

Ignorami
9/08/2010 2:18pm,
Al Bundy from Married with kids?? Cool!

maofas
9/08/2010 2:37pm,
Ninja blackbelts always teach their students to punch wrong so they can pull off all this bullshit technique. It's awesome to watch, really.

That's the way of the ninja. Anyone can learn to parry or slip a punch, but it takes true martial genius to make people punch you completely incorrectly.

Permalost
9/08/2010 2:53pm,
That's the way of the ninja. Anyone can learn to parry or slip a punch, but it takes true martial genius to make people punch you completely incorrectly.
AND to make them think that they are doing it correctly while the sport fighters are doing it wrong.

nomamao
9/08/2010 7:37pm,
supposedly, he's let me know that his techniques versus "jabs" work well in thai boxing sparring that he does. I called him a liar and he told me to learn more ground game. That was a brilliant exchange.

meat monkey
9/08/2010 9:39pm,
Ed O'Neill, the guy who played Al Bundy, is a BJJ black belt.

Don't know if he got there entirely through privates though. I didn't even know it was possible... it's certainly not desirable IMO, but who the **** am I to argue.

I don't think anything else that is going to happen to me today could get any cooler than this. **** it. I'm leaving work and going home to sleep, no point staying awake today....

2groggy
9/08/2010 10:13pm,
What I laugh at is the way they have the striking ranges totally reversed. Jab from kicking range, but you have to step in, lean waaaay forward and over-commit, leaving your whole torso and face exposed. And when someone does the same to you, thus getting into punching range, try to put your toe in the closest highest part of their torso, by keeping your knee bent and leaning back.

It's like he's giving lessons in how to screw up your power by messing up the distance and leaning the wrong way.

nomamao
9/09/2010 12:42am,
It's only the wrong way if you aren't a killing machine like those ninjers.

meat monkey
9/09/2010 2:02am,
See, even their good technique is invisible... now thats what I call a Ninja...

Psycho Dad
9/09/2010 10:03am,
I don't think anything else that is going to happen to me today could get any cooler than this. **** it. I'm leaving work and going home to sleep, no point staying awake today....

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/1043/neilbb.jpg