PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to go to this seminar

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

callum828
9/06/2010 10:59am,
He's clearly done this before. I'm on my iPhone and my interweb fails me and I can't copy and paste but there was a vid where he catches a jab. Absolutely genius!!!

YouTube- Ninja Advanced Oni Kudaki from a Jab (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9heBprVscE4&feature=related)

Standing shoulderlock time!!

Kovacs
9/06/2010 11:00am,
When I'm home later I'll fish it out. Make sure you're not drinking tea or eating crisps becouse you'll spit them everywhere.

Kovacs
9/06/2010 11:04am,
When I'm home later I'll fish it out. Make sure you're not drinking tea or eating crisps becouse you'll spit them everywhere.

It's the one callum just posted.

judoka_uk
9/06/2010 11:05am,
To be fair to him there are Judo videos that aren't much better than this on youtube...

YouTube- A clever choke from the back (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6nA6GvTw3k)

Although this made my gi spontaneously combust.

YouTube- NINJA THROWING TECHNIQUES (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab5ygpaK38Y)

nomamao
9/07/2010 1:54am,
I feel sorry for the guy that let that moron put a boot to his face on camera. I hope he gets extra brownie points (AKA lineage) for that ****.

Rickko
9/07/2010 3:17am,
I didn't think anything could be lamer than his striking...I was sooo wrong.
No wonder he's only a 14th Dan.
Fucking booj noob....

alex
9/07/2010 4:13am,
there is so much fail in these vids it actually causes me physical pain to watch. he gets so many things wrong. so many things.

JudoA
9/07/2010 6:58am,
I didn't think anything could be lamer than his striking...I was sooo wrong.
No wonder he's only a 14th Dan.
Fucking booj noob....

Only 10th dan according to this:

http://www.yeodojo.net/

Is it common for people to make sure all records of their martial arts achievements are up to date or am I just an idealist or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if a full MABS investigation of this guy pops up in the future but I aint going to do **** because a) I'm a nobody and b) I can't be arsed.

SnickersUK
9/07/2010 7:13am,
there is so much fail in these vids it actually causes me physical pain to watch. he gets so many things wrong. so many things.

Ninja wrong? I think it's funny that he has tweaked hte techniques just enough to make them all completely ****!

As for that boxer vid... *shudder*

MrGalt
9/07/2010 7:17am,
Should I just invite him to the thread? I am beginning to think he really doesn't understand what the problem is. He's not getting combative, he's just asking me things like why wouldn't you step forward if somebody's out of range and you want to punch him?

MrGalt
9/07/2010 7:24am,
Wow. He responds to everybody with the same "I guess you don't understand the difference between sports martial arts and martial arts," then fails to expand upon that.

JudoA
9/07/2010 7:25am,
Should I just invite him to the thread? I am beginning to think he really doesn't understand what the problem is. He's not getting combative, he's just asking me things like why wouldn't you step forward if somebody's out of range and you want to punch him?

Much as though I would happily like to see this guy outed, I don't actually want to be involved I would feel uncomfortable with it because it would probably involve dragging my instructor and his instructor into it and I wouldn't like that.

If you want to make another thread and do that then feel free. Sorry for wussing out but I've only started doing BJJ here for a few weeks and I don't want to start stirring up **** on the internet.

MrGalt
9/07/2010 9:25am,
Much as though I would happily like to see this guy outed, I don't actually want to be involved I would feel uncomfortable with it because it would probably involve dragging my instructor and his instructor into it and I wouldn't like that.

If you want to make another thread and do that then feel free. Sorry for wussing out but I've only started doing BJJ here for a few weeks and I don't want to start stirring up **** on the internet.

Does this guy have some connection with your gym or is it more that you think he's going to track you down as the thread-starter? I'm guessing there's not much BJJ in the Isle of Wight so you can be found easily enough?

I'm not unsympathetic since my old Isshinryu (lol) gym managed to identify me and kick me out for reviewing them on Bullshido a few years ago. Of course that was a Good Thing and drama at a BJJ school would not be assuming you like your training.

JudoA
9/07/2010 9:37am,
Does this guy have some connection with your gym or is it more that you think he's going to track you down as the thread-starter? I'm guessing there's not much BJJ in the Isle of Wight so you can be found easily enough?

I'm not unsympathetic since my old Isshinryu (lol) gym managed to identify me and kick me out for reviewing them on Bullshido a few years ago. Of course that was a Good Thing and drama at a BJJ school would not be assuming you like your training.

Oh he has nothing to do with my school, I could say more (bad) stuff about him but I'm not going to because it's all second hand information and I don't want to drag anyone into it in order to back it up. I guess the videos will have to suffice :thumbsup:

My BJJ school is awesome and I don't want to piss anyone off with internet bullshit.

MrGalt
9/07/2010 9:57am,
Oh he has nothing to do with my school, I could say more (bad) stuff about him but I'm not going to because it's all second hand information and I don't want to drag anyone into it in order to back it up. I guess the videos will have to suffice :thumbsup:

My BJJ school is awesome and I don't want to piss anyone off with internet bullshit.

I don't care about the inside track or whatever myself. If there's a MABS thread about him in the future I won't even read it. A real Bujinkan rank is no more valuable than a fake one after all.

I just want to mock his ridiculous videos and was hoping he'd come on and enlighten us all about his lunge punch, or maybe the cognitive dissonance involved in training BJJ AND Booj.

Ignorami
9/07/2010 10:45am,
Re the boxing vid: sadly I see that misconception at Aikido classes a lot, but keeping more than 2 feet away from the attacker doesn't make him punch at 4 feet. It makes him try to get to 2 feet. I've been frowned upon many times for refusing to attack from that far away (and on a couple of occasions, for throwing something).

I'm in favour of over-extending the opponent, but expecting them to over-extend themselves seems either excessively optimistic, or just a bit lazy.

More interestingly though, I have a really strong feeling that I have met this man somewhere. Subconscious says it was work related rather than martial arts. Unless I've just seen him on Come Dine With Me or something.

I did do a bit of Booj years ago (who didn't?), but I don't think it was there either.

It's driving me nuts trying to place it.