PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to go to this seminar

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

nomamao
9/05/2010 10:55am,
Ninja blackbelts always teach their students to punch wrong so they can pull off all this bullshit technique. It's awesome to watch, really.

MrGalt
9/05/2010 11:00am,
Ninja blackbelts always teach their students to punch wrong so they can pull off all this bullshit technique. It's awesome to watch, really.

Hanlon's Razor, my good friend.

If you watch, it's the same way the teacher punches. He honestly doesn't know any better. When people corrected him regarding boxing punches in the comments section on the punching video, he responded like it was actually news to him.

nomamao
9/05/2010 11:03am,
Hanlon's Razor, my good friend.

If you watch, it's the same way the teacher punches. He honestly doesn't know any better. When people corrected him regarding boxing punches in the comments section on the punching video, he responded like it was actually news to him.

I just refuse to believe that people can be that stupid. But, I guess I'll be forced to one day.

JudoA
9/05/2010 11:10am,
OH GOD HE'S GOT A KNIFE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS9UQEP_TPc (http://www.youtube.com/user/YeoDojo#p/u/2/KS9UQEP_TPc)

Weird, in the choreographed fight he did the guy with the knife doesn't hold it like that at all

YouTube- Simon Yeo fighting Bear Grylls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UipCtian1A)

judoist
9/05/2010 12:23pm,
ROFLMAO. Bear looks like he's training with Steven Seagull...

Petter
9/05/2010 1:03pm,
What I find cringe-inducing verging on sickening is not that the ninjer is an idiot and that the techniques he teaches are ****. It’s not even that they are credulously shown on TV. We’re used to that, alas.

No, what I find so very, very disappointing is that the woman, who claims to have some degree of boxing and Muay Thai experience, allows him to utter blatant disinformation without a word of protest. I get it, she can’t turn the show into an argument. Still, allowing someone to say stuff like, boxing punches are all in the arms or shoulders (?!), or Muay Thai kicks are flicky (?!?!??!!), without saying even “I think you’re misunderstanding or mischaracterising boxing|MT, but let’s move on to your technique”— Well, it’s awfully tempting to paraphrase a certain movie and say that what allows lies to spread and prosper is when people who know better stand by and say nothing.

Ignorami
9/05/2010 4:24pm,
Your giving them a very hard time, but essentially I think its about context. Boxing punches & Muay Thai kicks are fine within quite a specific set of circumstances*, The ninja punches and kicks are useful in another.

What about nine black/red-suited ninjas, standing in a circle around a ninja in a white suit? This style of punching and kicking enables those ninjas to sacrifice themselves, in order to demonstrate the amazing powers evil baddy's pet "white ninja" to his potential sponsor.

Personally, I don't even reckon the guy is really English. he's learned that accent as part of his Film-Baddy training.

*like actually fighting

Rickko
9/05/2010 11:07pm,
Funny thing is that the woman had a 1/2 decent pushkick until she caught "ninjitis".

I love his comment about how most kickers are **** because they never use their toes.
Most kickers learn the error of their ways in that respect the very first time they do.He is right though kicking with your toes hurts...teh kicker.Ha

Also the bit where he says that most people don't realise whilst being punched that they can also be kicked.
I kinda agree.When someone is punching me my main thought is "Hey,THAT FUCKER'S PUNCHING ME"

As I said earlier,Never take a Ninjer seriously if he aint got a cape.

JudoA
9/06/2010 2:56am,
No, what I find so very, very disappointing is that the woman, who claims to have some degree of boxing and Muay Thai experience, allows him to utter blatant disinformation without a word of protest. I get it, she can’t turn the show into an argument. Still, allowing someone to say stuff like, boxing punches are all in the arms or shoulders (?!), or Muay Thai kicks are flicky (?!?!??!!), without saying even “I think you’re misunderstanding or mischaracterising boxing|MT, but let’s move on to your technique”— Well, it’s awfully tempting to paraphrase a certain movie and say that what allows lies to spread and prosper is when people who know better stand by and say nothing.

I like the woman she can play with my thai pads any day :happy11:

SnickersUK
9/06/2010 3:44am,
People pay him to teach them this nonsense... :bduh:

MrGalt
9/06/2010 9:10am,
I decided to ask Mr. Yeo why his student punches so horrendously and he invoked sport vs. street on me. Little did I know sport martial artists don't punch and kick one another. I know I'm going to regret this, but let's see where it goes...

JudoA
9/06/2010 10:27am,
I decided to ask Mr. Yeo why his student punches so horrendously and he invoked sport vs. street on me. Little did I know sport martial artists don't punch and kick one another. I know I'm going to regret this, but let's see where it goes...

I did wonder if someone would do this :icon_comp

MrGalt
9/06/2010 10:35am,
I did wonder if someone would do this :icon_comp

It's no good. Now he has declared he doesn't know what I'm going on about so rather than making a point I'm forced to repeat myself and look irrational since I can't make my point more clearly. His counter-trolling is too good.

JudoA
9/06/2010 10:46am,
It's no good. Now he has declared he doesn't know what I'm going on about so rather than making a point I'm forced to repeat myself and look irrational since I can't make my point more clearly. His counter-trolling is too good.

Damn. He has evaded your words the way a ninja evades a poorly executed lunge punch.

Kovacs
9/06/2010 10:46am,
He's clearly done this before. I'm on my iPhone and my interweb fails me and I can't copy and paste but there was a vid where he catches a jab. Absolutely genius!!!

JudoA
9/06/2010 10:50am,
He's clearly done this before. I'm on my iPhone and my interweb fails me and I can't copy and paste but there was a vid where he catches a jab. Absolutely genius!!!

Please someone find this I don't want to go through all those videos again :ninja2: