PDA

View Full Version : New Judoka, old lurker.

joshtheawesome
8/24/2010 12:54am,
Hey guys.

My name is Josh. I've lurked the forums for quite sometime, a couple years at least, and only posted in one thread that I knew I could actually contribute to, but I'd like to get into more posting and whatnot, but obviously I should introduce myself first.

Just a little bit about me:

College student majoring in Criminal Justice, with hopes of working for the United States Marshals Service.
Studied for three and a half years in Haganah, which I understand isn't the most popular MA here. I'm not looking for a flame war on it; I'm not one of those jackasses that think because they took some RBSD or krav classes that they're a badass. My teachers did a great job in integrating tons of other styles to compliment it, such as some BJJ, some Judo, Muay Thai, and Sambo, and weeding out those meat-heads that wandered in. It wasn't your typical RBSD McDojo - definitely not what you saw if you watched the Penn & Teller: Bullshit! on Martial Arts. I will, however, answer any questions someone might have of the system of Haganah.
Started taking Judo classes recently, last week actually. Enjoying it so far, can't wait to learn more.
I'm a gigantic fan of BJJ, if I had money, I'd be training in it.
I'm a competition shooter. Primarily through the Single Action Shooting Society. It's been a blast for six years, keeps getting better. I'm also looking into saving up and getting into tactical three-gun within the next five years or so. Hey, I'm a broke college student, money doesn't just come to me.

I think thats all that pertains right now. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys better.

-Joshtheawesome

streetfighter86
8/27/2010 1:50pm,
hey josh nice to meet u, im kyle. being a u.s. marshal would be cool. i just recently go out of the army. did 3 years and a 1 year tour of operation iraqi freedom. let me know how the judo training goes. take care

joshtheawesome
8/27/2010 2:32pm,
Nice to meet you, too. What was your MOS in the army?

streetfighter86
8/31/2010 10:27pm,
well when i joined it was a 63 bravo, then that changed to 91 bravo "wheel vehicle mechanic"