Found this great website that features info from experts
examining popular 'alternative' theories

ie - how old are the pyramids
- how mysterious is the Bermuda triangle
etc.

There are some good reads on there.

JKDChick
2/26/2004 7:14pm,
I was just watching Discovery's Ultimate 10 Archeological Discoveries and man, that was FASCINATING. I learned tonnes.

It's amazing how whole centuries of theory can get blow away by one discovery. Like the Mayan tomb of Pakal, that showed the Maya weren't peace-loving, spiritual tree-huggers, but a bunch of mean mofo's. Or the fact that the Ice Man, the 5300 year old mummy from the Austrian/Italian Alps has a freaking arrowhead in his shoulder and defensive wounds on the BONES of his hands.

FingerorMoon?
2/26/2004 7:21pm,
You mean I'm not alone in being addicted to Discovery channel and archeological documentaries.
*sniff*

Ronin
2/26/2004 8:26pm,
Discovery channel AND the learning channel.

blankslate
2/27/2004 12:12am,
I'm going out on a limb and will say that time travel is impossible.

Chain link, FOM.

Stick
2/27/2004 12:20am,
I really enjoy the archeological documentaries.

I'm a history majory, but not an archeologist... every once in a while I think about going that path. Fascinating work really.

SLJ
2/27/2004 10:13am,
I want to go to Atlantis !

kismasher
2/27/2004 10:19am,
DON'T DO ARCHAEOLOGY

it's uber boring

8 hours of digging through dirt:

ooohhhh, look, a trash pit with some bird bones in it, ***uncontrollable spasms***
lets get back to the lab and spend two hours washing this **** so we can stuff it in a bag and forget about it.

(speaking from experience)

SLJ
2/27/2004 10:23am,
What ! Everyone knows they spend most of their time cracking whips, avoiding Nazis and running from large bolders.

You've just been unlucky.