PDA

View Full Version : Have we had an investigation on Dennis Tosen?

NoGroinNoKrav
7/26/2010 1:29pm,
aka Grand master Dennis Tosen. Founder of Amerikick karate.

http://www.amerikick.com/about-amerikick

All you need to know about the "Grand" master.

cyrijl
7/26/2010 2:09pm,
div{
padding:5px;
}

devilboy7778
7/26/2010 5:01pm,
Grand Master Dennis Tosten
10th Degree Black Belt
Grand Master Advanced Black Belts in Kenpo, Arnis, Shotokan, Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Ju Jitsu, Kung Fu, Bando

10th degree?

his wife is an 8th degree in kenpo

NoGroinNoKrav
7/26/2010 7:43pm,
Well apparently he trained his wife.

devilboy7778
7/26/2010 8:03pm,
Well apparently he trained his wife.

That makes sense and reminds me of that sijo larry sanders who did the same.

NoGroinNoKrav
7/26/2010 8:08pm,
Well I'm guessing this is the first time He has been talked about. Think I should post something in the fraud investigation?

helmutlvx
7/26/2010 9:25pm,
For the love of god, don't **** up MABS.

Go read the stickies in there so you can realize how much of a bad idea that would be.

cyrijl
7/27/2010 8:19am,
What makes you think he is a fraud or worthy of investigation? He may just be a loser. I can call myself a 10th degree black belt and teach people. It means nothing. Especially in a strip mall karate place like this.

patfromlogan
7/27/2010 10:07am,
Yeah, is there any evidence that his Judo or Kenpo ranks are bs? From their pics page it looks like atleast some compete NAGA...

for instance,
Yesterday in Logan I checked out the newish TKD dojand that sez "We also teach Judo." The TDK bb admitted that he was only a green in Judo and that they test in their SLC dojang where there is someone cert'd by USAJUDO to test. So while according to my Kaju sifu he can't even do or teach armbar, and he has totally pissed off the local BJJ guys (who were at first thrilled, thinking that they'd be able to cross train with a Judo bb), and I wouldn't dream of advising anyone to practice at this dojang, he's not worthy of investigation.

searcher66071
7/27/2010 10:30am,
fug, I checked out his claims of his Kenpo rank. There is some controversy as to his actual rank. Many remember that he made it to 8th Dan, but how he made it to 10th is not very clear. He is a legit Kenpo instructor that has made his focus on the "sport karate" area. Truly there are few who can claim the 10th Dan mantle and they are all 1st Gen students of Mr. Parker. I know he is s student of Joe Palanzo, who is also somewhat of a controversy in the Kenpo world by some of his claims. As far as his other rank claims, I am not sure. I don't think it would be hard to contact him. I hope this info helps.

Are there fraud claims being or not?

NoGroinNoKrav
7/28/2010 6:03am,
I thought that it would be interesting to look into his claims because.

1. This is a heavily franchised school in my area. There are quite a few of them.

2. The quality of teaching at these is very poor. If the schools are awful you can't expect the man at the top to smell like flowers.

Now this could mean that he merely just went to the darkside and chose money over martial arts. Though a little peak would not hurt. Though he seems somewhat credible.

helmutlvx
7/28/2010 9:08am,
Maybe ya oughta check it out yourself, eh?

Maybe considering shutting the **** up until you have a semblance of a write-up. Maybe you'll even get an investigator tag if you get something good.

searcher66071
7/28/2010 1:18pm,
1. This is a heavily franchised school in my area. There are quite a few of them..

So, you are saying that heavily franchised schools are fradulent in some way? Be sure to tell places like Gracie Barra, Harris International, Marcello Monteiro, that they are frauds for having franchise schools.

2. The quality of teaching at these is very poor. If the schools are awful you can't expect the man at the top to smell like flowers..

Describe what you think is very poor about the school in question. Please remember that Tosten took his teachings to the "sport karate" arena and is not very interested in street practicality, full contact, or MMA. Also, what are your qualifications to decide what is poor or not?

Now this could mean that he merely just went to the darkside and chose money over martial arts. Though a little peak would not hurt. Though he seems somewhat credible.

By teaching for money it makes it not a martial art anymore? Please enlighten us.

I cannot speak for his credentials outside of Kenpo, but he is a legit Kenpo instructor with alot of years under his belt. IYO, he is "somewhat" credible. Yes, thereis some question about his moving from 8th to 10th Dan, but he is still a credible Kenpo instructor. No matter which arena he chooses to compete with his students.