PDA

View Full Version : noobs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kojindo
2/25/2004 12:41am,
Just out of curiosity, why is it that more seasoned members of this website are so quick to flame newer people, even when they are simply introducing themselves, after an opinion, or advice on a particular subject?

Flame away.

chaosexmachina
2/25/2004 12:47am,
I haven't been flamed (yet). But maybe that's because I know how to spell.

GajusCaesar
2/25/2004 12:49am,
I have seen several noobs make their first posts something that was neither stupid nor flameable. Just do the same and don't worry about it.

Shiyounonai
2/25/2004 12:52am,
well i just joined today and so far so good.

kojindo
2/25/2004 1:00am,
Oh I'm not worried about it Gajus, just curious. As more of a lurker than a poster, sometimes I think that if certain people that seem too eager to flame others spent half the time in the dojo that they do in front of their computers, they'd be better artists.

kojindo
2/25/2004 1:02am,
and chaos, what did I spell wrong, or am I just blind?

FingerorMoon?
2/25/2004 1:22am,
Just out of curiosity, why is it that more seasoned members of this website are so quick to flame newer people, even when they are simply introducing themselves, after an opinion, or advice on a particular subject?

Often its because new members come on and begin spouting rubbish and trying to explain the way things 'really are' to everyone.

If you don't make an idiot of yourself, there is very little hazing here compared to other websites.

Oh I'm not worried about it Gajus, just curious. As more of a lurker than a poster, sometimes I think that if certain people that seem too eager to flame others spent half the time in the dojo they they do in front of their computers, they'd be better artists.

See my comment above.

kojindo
2/25/2004 1:25am,
My point exactly.

TaeBo_Master
2/25/2004 1:26am,
Fuckin n00bs, you can all go to hell, just for being n00bs.

Except Chaosexmachina.... because your name so resembles one of the seasoned posters' name. You can have temporary amnesty, and only be denounced once you step out of line.

JKing
2/25/2004 1:27am,
Liek, taekwondo rulz! It could beat j00 anyday of teh week! May B u should try bein' better than me, but dat isn't possible wit my TKD!

by-the-throat
2/25/2004 2:32am,
I didn't get flamed either. It's actually surprisingly easy not to get flamed here, as long as you can type like something other than a lobotomy outpatient. But the noobs that do get flamed are so much more memorable it makes it seems like you can't have under 500 posts and not get flamed.

punchingdummy
2/25/2004 8:34am,
Where's Omega?

drunkenj
2/25/2004 8:46am,
mcdojo is too popular these days

Phrost
2/25/2004 8:49am,
Most of it is tongue-in-cheek anyway, mocking other websites with members who take someone's post count as a sign of their intelligence. Here, it's usually a just sign of someone who's committed to the cause, and has a decent chunk of free time.

Kempocos
2/25/2004 8:54am,
And because most of us are wiseass's in general, it's how we have fun. STFU NOOB

kojindo
2/25/2004 10:38am,
Thanks for the input guys - that's all I was after, and it's appreciated.