PDA

View Full Version : Better late than never

PDA
7/21/2010 4:41pm,
Just realized ive been around for a while but never introduced myself properly (in here).
I have lurked the site for a few years for one reason or another, never really read allot of the sites content other than what was relevant to what i was googling (frank dux ect...).
Im 32, I did various MA but as i have learned mostly insignificant MA when i was a kid after getting into bruce lee films.
Always been a fan of MMA, since my cousin got hold of the first UFC on video back in the early 90s but other than re-watching the videos we could get that was pretty much all a fan of mma could do in south london at the time.
Computers where always my first love and thus I chose to become a keyboard warrior rather than pursue the martial arts.
Since then I grew to 364lbs in weight and my fitness was well, i just didnt have any.
Went to a Royce Gracie seminar back in may 09 as a fan wanting to see his hero.
Following that i decided to start to train at the gym that hosted the seminar.
14 months later i train 6 days a week, sometimes 3 hours a day.
Free style wrestling, BJJ, Kick Boxing, S&C, sparring.
And im going to Tiger Muay Thai in Thailand in January because its seams like a fun thing to do.
I weigh 280lbs at present and still ticking down.(5ft 10)
If i had known that MMA training was this fun i would never have got so big.

RumbleFish
7/22/2010 3:19am,
Well, I guess "welcome" is not applicable, so, err, Hi? :)

Kovacs
7/22/2010 3:28am,
Nice one on literally beating the pie demon. I was like that in my early 20's and Muay Thai sorted me right out.

MorningLemon
7/22/2010 4:22am,
Just realized ive been around for a while but never introduced myself properly (in here).
I have lurked the site for a few years for one reason or another, never really read allot of the sites content other than what was relevant to what i was googling (frank dux ect...).
Im 32, I did various MA but as i have learned mostly insignificant MA when i was a kid after getting into bruce lee films.
Always been a fan of MMA, since my cousin got hold of the first UFC on video back in the early 90s but other than re-watching the videos we could get that was pretty much all a fan of mma could do in south london at the time.
Computers where always my first love and thus I chose to become a keyboard warrior rather than pursue the martial arts.
Since then I grew to 364lbs in weight and my fitness was well, i just didnt have any.
Went to a Royce Gracie seminar back in may 09 as a fan wanting to see his hero.
Following that i decided to start to train at the gym that hosted the seminar.
14 months later i train 6 days a week, sometimes 3 hours a day.
Free style wrestling, BJJ, Kick Boxing, S&C, sparring.
And im going to Tiger Muay Thai in Thailand in January because its seams like a fun thing to do.
I weigh 280lbs at present and still ticking down.(5ft 10)
If i had known that MMA training was this fun i would never have got so big.

my coach trains at tiger muay thai, he's going in august.

And Hello nice to meet you:new_multi