PDA

View Full Version : Not sure about my KB gym anymore

Kickboxing mad
6/14/2010 4:12am,
hey guys

i was wondering some stuff about kickboxing because when i first joined my kickboxing gym it was awsome and all great but now it just seems like the instructor just cant be bothered anymore and its got kinda boring we don't do sparing and its way 2 easy to get belts no ones ever failed a belt because of how easy it is to get them and i dont know if thats the way it should be or not should i stick to this gym or move on and how do i tell if another gym will be better or good even

thanks for taking to the time to read this ppl

Arskanator
6/14/2010 4:54am,
hey guys

i was wondering some stuff about kickboxing because when i first joined my kickboxing gym it was awsome and all great but now it just seems like the instructor just cant be bothered anymore and its got kinda boring we don't do sparing and its way 2 easy to get belts no ones ever failed a belt because of how easy it is to get them and i dont know if thats the way it should be or not should i stick to this gym or move on and how do i tell if another gym will be better or good even

thanks for taking to the time to read this ppl

Have you tried talking about the problems with your instructor?

Also, punctuation is your friend.

Soldiermedic
6/14/2010 6:34am,
Have you tried talking about the problems with your instructor?

Also, punctuation is your friend.

+1

Also, think about what made it awesome before. What elements are still there? Kickboxing generally doesn't have belts so...maybe you shouldn't let that bother you too much.

Arskanator
6/14/2010 8:13am,
+1

Also, think about what made it awesome before. What elements are still there? Kickboxing generally doesn't have belts so...maybe you shouldn't let that bother you too much.

Actually, kickboxing schools under WAKO usually have belts.

Soldiermedic
6/14/2010 9:42am,
I guess there are just none out in my part of the Earth

helmutlvx
6/14/2010 10:46am,
In my personal opinion, kickboxing without sparring is like having a really attractive lover and never getting hot and sticky with them.

Talk to your instructor, then make any decisions after that

HereBeADragon
6/14/2010 1:23pm,
What is the name of your school and your instructor?

Vorpal
6/14/2010 2:29pm,
hey guys

I was wondering about kickboxing because when I first joined my kickboxing gym it was awesome but now it seems like the instructor can't be bothered anymore. It has also gotten boring because we don't spar and it's way too easy to get belts. Nobody has ever failed a belt because of how easy it is. I don't know if that's the way it should be or not. Should I stick to this gym or move on? How do i tell if another gym will be better?

thanks

Seriously, it's not difficult.

If you don't spar you are not at a kickboxing gym, you're in a cardio class.

Arskanator
6/15/2010 3:14am,
In my personal opinion, kickboxing without sparring is like having a really attractive lover and never getting hot and sticky with them.

^^^ this.

Seriously, it's not difficult.

If you don't spar you are not at a kickboxing gym, you're in a cardio class.

^^^ this too.