PDA

View Full Version : Interchangeable terms

battlefields
5/20/2010 7:51am,
I was reading an article about people in Russia making vehicles out of junk and There was this guy who made a replica of a Rolls Royce out of a Mercedes and some plastic. I realized I had read the name of the prestigious brand as Holls Hoyce due to the conscious changing of all the Brazilian names I read here and in magazines, books, etc.

I also work in insurance, specifically our Workers Compensation division which, when abbreviated, is WC. I sometimes have trouble reading threads here because I substitute wing chun with Workers Compensation and sometimes my work documents are confusing because I read them as wing chun.

Got any interchangeable fight terms of your own that carry over into your day to day life?

Matt Phillips
5/20/2010 10:03am,
PRIDE

The_Beak
5/20/2010 11:50am,
WTF= World Tae Kwon DO Federation

Sley
5/20/2010 11:52pm,
I cannot read

WMA, MT, WC, BJJ, WTF,TKD, KSD, WC, FMA, MMA, as anything other then their ma meanings.

also the word pride makes me think of PRIDE, and Crosstraing and Alive always means sparring and training in a good ma.

battlefields
5/20/2010 11:56pm,
WTF, sley, Ryu being like that?

Permalost
5/20/2010 11:56pm,
Not exactly martial arts related, but for a geography course I just finished (getting my B.A. tomorrow!) I had to follow the news of a country for the whole semester, and I picked the Philippines. Practically every week there was a news story about the violence between the Filipino military and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front. Also known as the MILF.

mumbles
5/21/2010 12:12am,
Ive started doing that "H instead of R" thing as well

CarlosJesena
5/21/2010 12:20am,
Not exactly martial arts related, but for a geography course I just finished (getting my B.A. tomorrow!) I had to follow the news of a country for the whole semester, and I picked the Philippines. Practically every week there was a news story about the violence between the Filipino military and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front. Also known as the MILF.

Whenever I see a headline in the newspapers concerning them I start laughing uncontrollably. It makes breakfasts here quite interesting.

Monkfg
5/21/2010 1:18pm,
I saw a GSP-dishwasher somewhere.