PDA

View Full Version : Long Overdue Introduction

Pages : [1] 2

shaider
5/17/2010 2:33pm,
Hello everyone! My name is Elvin and I've joined a few weeks ago. My core disciplines are judo and karate (shotokan and kyokushin kaikan). I had a great privilage to train with people from tracma (trovador ramos asian consolidated martial arts) here in the US (my best friend's uncle is a teacher).

I've started training since I was 5 under the supervision of my grand father and father in judo and karate in asia. As I moved here I still trained and spar with friends of different martial arts, tkd, jkd, tracma, kenpo, other okinawan/japanese karate styles, and some kung fu styles are among them.

Martial arts to me is as my mentors have thought me. The ethical essence, character building, knowledge, application, and physical well being is what I show as much that I can follow in life along with christian values.

Well enough said. I hope that explains all and if I can I will add what I know from my experience in training and in life regarding martial arts.

Ninnong
5/17/2010 2:58pm,
Glad to have you with us Elvin. This forum can be really useful, fun, and/or annoying depending on which forums you decide to spend your time on. Choose wisely and have a good time.

shaider
5/17/2010 5:57pm,
I appreciate you welcoming me. Again I thank you.

omoplatypus
5/17/2010 6:24pm,
welcome from another judo player

shaider
5/17/2010 8:29pm,
Thanks for the welcome and it is nice to see another judo practitioner here.

omoplatypus
5/17/2010 9:32pm,
lol, everybody is a judo practitioner here!

BackFistMonkey
5/17/2010 9:35pm,
lol, everybody is a judo practitioner here!

That is sadistically true .

Welcome to Bullshido shaider.

shaider
5/18/2010 9:45am,
Thank you for welcoming me backfistmonkey. I am surprise to see so much diversity in martial arts discipline here. Truly I hope that I can learn new things from all of you. As per judo practicioners, I am still glad to see that all practice judo here.

Kintanon
5/18/2010 9:51am,
Some practice more Judo than others... We have a reputation as an MMA centric, tradition hating bunch of thugs in some places on the internet, but really our membership is incredibly diverse and spans the entire gamut from Tai Chi to Wrestling and Muay Thai with a healthy dose of everything in between. Remember to read the stickies and for the first month or so spend most of your time reading instead of posting and you'll have a great experience here.

sambosteve
5/18/2010 11:25am,
welcome aboard.

KO'd N DOA
5/18/2010 11:35am,
Welcome,

It is great to see the wealth of exposure. It should come in handy when posters talk about the 'what ifs?" that happen every so often.

Cheers

Omega Supreme
5/18/2010 11:50am,
What part of So Cal?

shaider
5/18/2010 12:02pm,
Omega, I am residing in Long Beach area in LA county.

Thank you for the welcome and advice people.

omoplatypus
5/18/2010 12:07pm,
this midwestern bumpkin has no idea what the geography of cali is, all i can say is that if you get the chance to visit omega and pass it up, then i'm gonna give you such a noogie you wont believe it.

shaider
5/18/2010 1:13pm,
My wife is from Iowa. Where in the midwest you are residing in white kimbo? My wife and I are planning to visit her family either this winter or next spring.

omoplatypus
5/18/2010 1:51pm,
st. louis, but next week i'm moving to mississippi.