PDA

View Full Version : Multi style Mega school?

m4949
2/19/2004 10:40am,
I found this school online:

http://www.onespiritmartialarts.com/newsevents.asp

It looks pretty cool, but I do get concerned when I see a lot of "para military" training in the bios.
Also, I have never seen so many styles offered at one place.

Comments?

Student
2/19/2004 10:50am,
in all fairness - it's not like 1 guy claiming to teach all the different arts - look at the instructor page:

http://www.onespiritmartialarts.com/instructors.asp

19 different instructors to teach 9 different arts (that includes 3 guest instructors)

m4949
2/19/2004 10:52am,
I know it's not one guy. I have just never seen a school set up like this. It's a Martial arts Wal Mart

KageReaper
2/19/2004 11:00am,
I PITY THE FOOL THAT DON'T GO TO MEGA SCHOOL!!

milwaukee cop
2/19/2004 11:11am,
looks ok, go check it out.

SlimJim
2/19/2004 11:22am,
Degerberg's Academy in Chicago would be a mega school, wouldn't it? And a few of the guys I've met from there seem to know their stuff.

Check it out and post back.

dalessit
2/19/2004 11:57am,
Long time lurker, first time with something to say...

I've been going to One Spirit for about 6 months and it is pretty cool. I am in the MMA program.

There are a lot of different styles but like Student said, there are different instructors for each class. We are also spread out now among 3 locations, Herndon being the biggest. Having the different classes is nice for the cross training. There is a class price that will allow you to take every class offered. Some of the people in my class take the MMA and supplement it with Judo or BJJ, and sometimes another class (ohh to be single again)

As far as the "para military stuff" 3 instructors have Israeli Self defense experience and one of them is the LOTAR instructor which is made up of a bunch of Israeli Self Defense/MA, not sure where else you thought looked odd.

Stop by and see what you think.

dalessit
[email protected]

m4949
2/19/2004 12:43pm,
Dalessit,
Thanks for the post. I am even more interested now.
I admit, I become skeptical when I see "israeli" or "Military". Just makes me want to double check.