PDA

View Full Version : UFC 114: Rampage vs Evans - May 29, 2010*Spoilers*

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

PizDoff
4/26/2010 9:55pm,
UFC 114: Rampage vs Evans - May 29, 2010

Bitter rivals Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and “Suga” Rashad Evans are set to headline UFC 114, presented by THQ’s “UFC Undisputed 2010” and live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday, May 29 during the weekend of the UFC Fan Expo. Finally, these two former Ultimate Fighting Championship® light heavyweight champions get a chance to let their fists do the talking.

Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson vs Rashad 'Suga' Evans
Forrest Griffin vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Michael 'The Count' Bisping vs Dan Miller
Todd Duffee vs Mike Russow
Diego 'Nightmare' Sanchez vs John 'The Hitman' Hathaway
Amir Sadollah vs Dong Hyun 'Stun Gun' Kim
Efrain 'Hecho en México' Escudero vs Dan 'The Upgrade' Lauzon
Melvin 'The Young Assassin' Guillard vs Thiago Tavares
Luiz 'Banha' Cane vs Cyrille 'Snake' Diabate
Aaron Riley vs Joe 'The South Side Strangler' Brammer
Jesse 'Kid Hercules' Forbes vs Ryan Jensen

BJJ Black belt Antonio Rogerio Nogueira is ex-UFC and ex-Pride FC heavy weight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's twin brother. Jesse Forbes replaces his injured teammater Steve Steinbeiss who was to face Ryan Jensen in a rematch of their Sept. 16, 2009 fight. Great card!

Picks?

Nwp
4/26/2010 10:10pm,
GO Suga, GO Suga!!! Been waiting!!!
B.A. Baracas sucks bung.

I dont think Forrest should be going against someone like lil Nog. Maybe Jens Pulver or some other older lightweight. *still fuming over Silva debacle* lol.

Bisbing shisbing.

I'm excited to see more of Duffee.

Is this going to be another Melvin fight where he kicks someones ass all round and then gets taken down and submitted??? Hope not. Maybe he will bite Tavares ear off.

Conde Koma
4/26/2010 10:32pm,
hell yeah, dong hyun kim's fighting again!

Draven
4/27/2010 6:05am,
Nogueira is going to fucking wreck Forrest so bad. This will be the third time Forrest gets KOd in less than a year and a half...which cant be good for his career....

Neo Sigma
4/27/2010 6:10am,
Rashad by decision or TKO. Rampage's KO power and chin aren't really up for debate, but he has zombie-shuffle footwork and he hasn't fought anybody since Henderson who was actually a legitimate wrestling threat. I figure Rashad will use his speed to pick him apart on the outside and maybe throw a few leg kicks, since Rampage apparently refuses to learn to check them.

MMAMickey
4/27/2010 7:44am,
I call rampage. ************ is just too strong and powerful.

Rashad is fast but if he can't pull a chuck I don't see him winning this

Brian R. VanCise
4/27/2010 7:53am,
Rashad all the way on skill, heart and smarts. Plus he is a Michigan State Spartan!

PizDoff
5/10/2010 12:01am,
Can you believe I was making this thread again and suddenly like 'Wait a minute.....'
This is partially why I only make these threads under a month in advance.

Ka-Bar
5/10/2010 12:23am,
I dont think Forrest should be going against someone like lil Nog. Maybe Jens Pulver or some other older lightweight.

What?

Nwp
5/10/2010 12:42am,
What?

What what?

Massive facetiousness and sarcasmic attitude towards Forrest. I love him but he will probably get wrecked again.

shelbydeth
5/10/2010 12:54am,
Rashad by decision
Lil' Nog by superior hands and jits, Forrests leg kickery might help to counter this though
Bisping by TKO or decision
Duffee by knockout
Kim by TKO
Lauzon by sub
Tavares by Guillard being stupid
Diabate by KO
Riley by decission
Don't know the last two fighters

MMAMickey
5/10/2010 2:46am,
so you think Rashad is gonna pull an Edgar? I could see that.

shelbydeth
5/10/2010 8:32am,
You can't forget, Rashad has his secret weapon...52 blocks! Oh and Greg Jackson. I always back the Jackson guy.

MMAMickey
5/10/2010 8:37am,
Greg Jackson may be the deciding factor. as long as Rampage doesnt put one on him.

shelbydeth
5/10/2010 8:53am,
Also should be noted that Rampage hasn't fought for 14 months. Not quite a Patrick Cote layoff but still, ring rust might be a factor.

wakarukaya
5/10/2010 7:34pm,
I think Rashad will have matured enough as a fighter to take this one, probably by decision. Also, Rampage may have some ring rust as was previously mentioned, and that could be a huge factor.