View Full Version : Aleksander Emelianenko does no-touch knockout

4/23/2010 10:29pm,
YouTube- Александр Емельяненко vs. Эдди Бенгтссон ProFC Финал (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a292_eMRzEg)

Aleksander Emelianenko in a Russian mixed martial arts promotion fighting Eddy Bengtsson.

TIMBER!!! Wonder if the guy self-KOed when hitting the ground.

Can anyone translate? :P

4/23/2010 11:25pm,
i wouldn't call it a no touch... he kind of grazed him.

4/24/2010 12:10am,
I would score that dive a 10

4/24/2010 12:20am,
I'd score it an 11

4/24/2010 12:28am,
Is it bullshit? 9/10 possibility since even the commentators were cracking jokes on this guy. It looked like bull to me.

Hiro Protagonist
4/24/2010 6:14am,
Post-fight comments by Eddy Bengtsson:

4/24/2010 7:33am,
Still think he dived for the canvas and i'll for a 9 because he lays on the ground like a 5 year old girl that's crying. That kinda ruins the nice dive he did before.

4/24/2010 8:33am,

4/24/2010 9:24am,
If he even grazed him with that punch I didn't see it. The guy also picks his spot to fall and protects himself on the way down. Sad.

4/24/2010 9:41am,
Give the guy a break. He said in the after interview that was posted above that he's quitting fighting because he wants to still be in one piece for his newborn son. I presume he was only there because of a contractual obligation.

Sri Hanuman
4/24/2010 9:49am,
Rough translation:

Announcer 1: I don't know <inaudible,> the winner of this fight...
Announcer 2: Depending on who...
Announcer 1: We will see. The main event of the evening is Alexander Emelianenko and Eddy Bengston. Emilianenko is on our left,for those who do not know...
Announcer 2: He's bigger... (referring to Bengston)
Announcer 1: He's bigger... has more tattoos, looks more athletic, we will see, mabe <inaudible> he is the more active, does not allow his opponent to do what he wants. He pushes off well, so that he is not successful <rough translation.>

Announcer 2: No, he was not successful <inaudible> Bengston, <unknown terminology related to technique> unsuccessful...
Announcer 1: That's Alexander Emelianenko... often suffered because of his nose

Announcer 2:... and that's it.
Announcer 1: That's ambiguous...
Announcer 2: yes.

Announcer 1: Is he alive?
Announcer 2: What's wrong with him?
<inadubile ballbing about Mike Tyson and Julius Frank, something about a professional boxer falling> (1:16)

Announcer 2: They are showing Alexander's face. But what happened? Is this really the result of a jab?
Announcer 1: Maybe he merely connected with the jaw

<unknown terminology> the connection is heavy
The woman asks for water to be brough.
<more babbling over each other>

An off-screen voice tells Emelianenko "It's ok"
Announcer 1: That was a rather quick conclusion. Alexander is happy.
I wouldn't say he's particularly happy
Announcer 2: surprised

<more incoherent babbling and stuttering> All year, all he ever had was 5 direct hits.(2:11) man hugging
That's where I stopped watching.

4/24/2010 11:55am,
PROOF! that no touch knock out works! no seriously.. maybe the guy was sick or something.

4/24/2010 12:57pm,
Maybe MMA is finally old enough to feature no touch KOs. It's becoming a tma!

4/24/2010 2:37pm,
Can't blame him. If a former convict the size of Aleksander Emelianenko covered in gangster and nazi tattoos wanted to punch me, I'd curl up in the fetal position too. Otherwise he might get mad and call his brother.