WhiteShark
4/16/2010 2:56pm,
She's a little young for me...

King Sleepless
4/16/2010 3:06pm,
I knew you were a fucking crib stalker.

Little Lamb
4/16/2010 3:14pm,
Who is the target audience for this film? Who wants to see a little girl spewing profanity and inflicting cartoon violence on grown men? For two hours. At $15-$20 a ticket.

My last plum of pop culture comprehension is a shriveled-up prune. I'm officially old.

It is Fake
4/16/2010 3:19pm,
Who is the target audience for this film? Who wants to see a little girl spewing profanity and inflicting cartoon violence on grown men? For two hours. At $15-$20 a ticket.

My last plum of pop culture comprehension is a shriveled-up prune. I'm officially old.

Probably a similar to the 70's audience that went and saw a 12 year old Brooke Shields nude in an Academy Award nominated movie.

It is all circular. You also have the comic book geeks that made the comic a hit and It has nudity, sex and violence.

I kind of think you are joking.

TheMightyMcClaw
4/16/2010 3:22pm,

Watching little girls beat the **** out of is more interesting than watching big burly men beat the **** out of people, because big burly men are assumed to be powerful and violent and little girls are presumed to be weak and helpless. It inverts our normal expectations of hierarchy.
It's the same appeal as River Tam in Firefly/Serenity.
Or, for that matter, Antigone, even if she wasn't particularly violent.

Rivington
4/16/2010 3:22pm,
I saw a press screening a couple of weeks ago. it's a good film—holds together better than one might think. No nudity though. It's just a wild black comedy with an uncharismatic lead and a meandering second act.

Better than the comic, in my view, which has too much of "oh noes, the negroes!" type "humor" for me.

Rivington
4/16/2010 3:24pm,
Also, who the hell pays twenty bucks for a movie ticket? Even here in the Bay Area, tickets are $10 or $11.

Flail_Crapple
4/16/2010 3:43pm,
Watching little girls beat the **** out of is more interesting than watching big burly men beat the **** out of people, because big burly men are assumed to be powerful and violent and little girls are presumed to be weak and helpless. It inverts our normal expectations of hierarchy.
It's the same appeal as River Tam in Firefly/Serenity.
Or, for that matter, Antigone, even if she wasn't particularly violent.

I get the concept of that, but I don't understand the appeal. Pixie power actively dissuades me from watching films I might otherwise enjoy.

Styygens
4/16/2010 3:53pm,
Apparently I'm the target audience for this movie. I'm soooooo looking forward to seeing it. Unfortunately, I'm not getting near a theater until Monday...

I saw this clip months ago and thought it was awesome. And it's getting pretty good reviews.

It is Fake
4/16/2010 3:56pm,
Oh sucks to be you.

I saw it already.

Styygens
4/16/2010 4:00pm,
Must...

Go...

on...

out of town trip...

with wife...

to Cleveland!

And she was aghast and apalled when I showed her the Hit Girl clip so she won't go with me. On the other hand, when she's offended... I know a movie will be good.

Tenebrous
4/16/2010 4:01pm,
Saw it at a sneak preview a month ago. Rivington is dead on.

It is Fake
4/16/2010 4:20pm,
I saw a press screening a couple of weeks ago. it's a good film—holds together better than one might think. No nudity though. It's just a wild black comedy with an uncharismatic lead and a meandering second act.

Yeah nip slips and that is about it. I felt the opposite meander in the beginning enjoyed the second act.

Better than the comic, in my view, which has too much of "oh noes, the negroes!" type "humor" for me.Glad I skipped the Comic.

Torakaka
4/16/2010 4:33pm,

I dunno about no $20 movie tickets, but I'll sure pay to see that!

Matt Phillips
4/16/2010 5:59pm,
WAR SPAT