PDA

View Full Version : Greetings! And please don't tackle me!*

Pages : [1] 2

Oonjuk
4/09/2010 5:48pm,
Greetings, I am a college student in second year of practicing Aikido in a student club.

I practice MA mostly for health reasons rather than to kick ass.

I have been constantly moving from one country to another so I only had limited amount of martial arts experience in each country which include:
-1 year each of TKD and HKD when I was living in Korea just like any Korean boys who were around town. (sadly I don't remember anything from these two)
-Practiced for rather short period of 6 month at Aikido Federation (Singapore) until SARS broke out and I had to stay away from crowded public areas.
-Now I am practicing Aikido in college in US.

I wanted to actually take Taekkyon as my main style (due to striking similarities to Korean mask dance and Korean Farmers' drumming, which I perform) and supplement it with Aikido, but obviously Taekkyon is almost nonexistent in US so somehow my intended supplement style became the main style. I am eagerly waiting for the day I return to Korea and learn Taekkyon.

I am also very interested in Taichi and Kungfu.

*p.s. regarding the title: One day I was cross training in an Eskrima class, and I found out another fella who was cross training. Upon finding out that my main style was Aikido and his was BJJ/Wrestling, he called Aikido utter BS and just randomly tackled me down to the floor saying "Try blocking this!" As an Aikidoka, I wasn't too familiar being on ground, but I calmly applied nikkyo on his throat so he would choke and release me. After that day, I politely ask other MA guys not to tackle me unless it is intended for sparring or training. Being tackled just because this fella thought Aikido is BS was BS.

PizDoff
4/10/2010 12:22am,
Welcome to the site, what college you studying at?

Oonjuk
4/10/2010 12:24am,
Hi, I attend Rutgers University, NJ.

Omega Supreme
4/10/2010 12:29am,
....fag.

Rock Ape
4/10/2010 12:44am,
The rules of this forum don't apply to you Omega ?

Great example setting there mate.

BackFistMonkey
4/10/2010 12:50am,

I am pretty sure all that is explained in the FORUM STICKY .

OP,

Welcome to Bullshido

Omega Supreme
4/10/2010 12:51am,

Actually no they don't. Maybe you should read the rules a bit better....fuckhead.:uhaul:

Steve
4/10/2010 1:05am,
Omega can **** on whoever he wants and we like it that way.

Welcome, Oonjuk.

Omega Supreme
4/10/2010 10:39pm,
Greetings, I am a college student in second year of practicing Aikido in a student club.

I practice MA mostly for health reasons rather than to kick ass.

I have been constantly moving from one country to another so I only had limited amount of martial arts experience in each country which include:
-1 year each of TKD and HKD when I was living in Korea just like any Korean boys who were around town. (sadly I don't remember anything from these two)
-Practiced for rather short period of 6 month at Aikido Federation (Singapore) until SARS broke out and I had to stay away from crowded public areas.
-Now I am practicing Aikido in college in US.

I wanted to actually take Taekkyon as my main style (due to striking similarities to Korean mask dance and Korean Farmers' drumming, which I perform) and supplement it with Aikido, but obviously Taekkyon is almost nonexistent in US so somehow my intended supplement style became the main style. I am eagerly waiting for the day I return to Korea and learn Taekkyon.

I am also very interested in Taichi and Kungfu.

*p.s. regarding the title: One day I was cross training in an Eskrima class, and I found out another fella who was cross training. Upon finding out that my main style was Aikido and his was BJJ/Wrestling, he called Aikido utter BS and just randomly tackled me down to the floor saying "Try blocking this!" As an Aikidoka, I wasn't too familiar being on ground, but I calmly applied nikkyo on his throat so he would choke and release me. After that day, I politely ask other MA guys not to tackle me unless it is intended for sparring or training. Being tackled just because this fella thought Aikido is BS was BS.
For the record I think your story is bullshit kid. You calmly applied Nikkyo to his throat? He tackled you randomly? "Try blocking this"?

Anybody want this thread in YMAS?

Oonjuk
4/10/2010 11:05pm,
This really did happen but I don't think this fella actually knew BJJ or wrestling at all as he claimed. BJJ club occupies the practice space in gym right after Aikido club and I've seen those guys train, and it is no joke. They are some badass guys who could beat me easily in a fight. If this guy was actual guy who practiced BJJ, all that nikkyo to the throat bullshit would have never happend. I do agree with you with this one Omega, it was BULLSHIT. There was no way I could have done a nikkyo on an REAL BJJ guy when I am on GROUND! (especially to the throat, WTH, it's not even a techinique meant for the throat). Anyhow, but with all my sincerity, this guy did tackle me just because he thought Aikido is piece of garbage MA and I think he was trying to prove his point by tackling me and demonstrating that I wouldn't be able to be out of his pin. Actually scratch that. I HAD NO CLUE what the heck he was doing, but I don't think average MAist randomly surprise tackle or attack a person because he/she thinks that other MA sucks (not to mention, he miserably failed to do whatever he was trying to do). I do apologise for my story sounding bullshit Omega, to be honest even I was quite stunned by the event and thought that was bullshit. I am not quite sure being physically tackled or attacked because someone else think MA I practice is bullshit is a common occurance, maybe I just had a bad day meeting a douche bag fella.

Omega Supreme
4/10/2010 11:16pm,
Cool, at least you saw the bullshit in that. Welcome to bullshido. I'm the welcome committee. We have a section in the Japanese and Korean section if you want to continue your queries.

Oonjuk
4/10/2010 11:23pm,
Thanks :D And I did read the rules thread extensively (you are funny). At least now I understand why you called me a fag :D Hopefully whatever first faggy or bullshit impression of me is cleared. Anyhow, just to ask you a question, does people usually get surprised attacked or tackled just because other guy thinks whatever MA I practice is bullshit? I never heard or read an incident like mine, and to be frank, I am still having hard time accepting that kind of bullshit actually happend to me.

Suprore
4/10/2010 11:25pm,
Consider he might have had a point. If you trained bjj you could have stuffed his takedown and choked him out! If you can't use your training to spectacularly demean tools, what can you do with it? :p

TheRuss
4/10/2010 11:35pm,
Anyhow, just to ask you a question, does people usually get surprised attacked or tackled just because other guy thinks whatever MA I practice is bullshit?

In sixth grade, some socially inept jackass punched me because he thought he had t3h r3al kung fu (luckily for both parties, he didn't). Some people never grow up.

Omega Supreme
4/10/2010 11:38pm,
Thanks :D And I did read the rules thread extensively (you are funny). At least now I understand why you called me a fag :D Hopefully whatever first faggy or bullshit impression of me is cleared. Anyhow, just to ask you a question, does people usually get surprised attacked or tackled just because other guy thinks whatever MA I practice is bullshit? I never heard or read an incident like mine, and to be frank, I am still having hard time accepting that kind of bullshit actually happend to me.

Nah, I've never had anybody who's actually practiced do that to me. I've had a wrestler do that to me but it wasn't out of no where, there was build up. Have you thought about doing Hapkido?

Oonjuk
4/10/2010 11:50pm,
I did a year of Hapkido in the past as a child so I did think about it, but 1) I don't know of a Hapkido dojang near me and 2) I remember myself not fitting into the particular style when I was taking the class. I've been craving for some taichi and shaolin kungfu though. They were offered in my school recreational programs, but I could not take them this semester due to scheduling conflict.

ps: I think the fella who tackled me had a build up in like 3 seconds. Because that's the amount of time he took to tackle me after hearing I was an Aikidoka.