PDA

View Full Version : Systema sparring

Pages : [1] 2

Iratebadger
4/02/2010 6:57pm,
I did a search and didn't come up with anything, so I'll just leave this here in case anyone wants a little amusement.
YouTube- Systema Sparring (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbEGgZ86Ci0)

Holy Moment
4/02/2010 7:21pm,
You shouldn't post videos with such minimal commentary, dude.

Having watched the video, though, I can say that I liked all the twirling around during the multiple-opponent sparring. Grappling may not work against more than one opponent, but spinning around like a ballerina does.

Iratebadger
4/02/2010 7:25pm,
Spinning definitely was one of the highlights for me, as was the "Undefeatable Elbow!" and the action at 0:34 that would put a shotokan mcdojo to shame.

Permalost
4/02/2010 11:06pm,
lol @ Ryabko sparring in flip flops.

Dak
4/02/2010 11:31pm,
well, i did see some chain punching ended by one punch. always enjoyable.

karma2343
4/03/2010 1:13am,
I absolutely love self-confidence boosters like these.

nomamao
4/03/2010 3:52am,
The invinsible elbow needs to be taught all over the world. Think of all the lives it would save.

Cannon_6
4/03/2010 6:54am,
I love the "Three Stooges" technique shown at 1:28, although it would be much better with silly music and sound effects.

Cuchulain
4/03/2010 6:59am,
It looks alright to me tbh.

shaolin pimp
4/03/2010 9:24am,

Really, I bet ladyboys look like real hotties as well

kwan_dao
4/03/2010 11:08am,

I would not wonder if there were news about a strange volcanic eruption in Irland soon.

The remainders of the real Cuchulain, rotating at several thousand rpm, must produce tremendous amounts of heat.

Odacon
4/03/2010 12:10pm,
I would not wonder if there were news about a strange volcanic eruption in Irland soon.

The remainders of the real Cuchulain, rotating at several thousand rpm, must produce tremendous amounts of heat.

So that's where all that soot is coming from. Seriously though that video is bad and they should feel bad.

Dak
4/03/2010 1:15pm,
Coming from someone who has little to no striking experience I have a hard time picking out whats wrong here.

THings I see because of obviousnessss:

1. Spin move
2. Painting red target on your chin

thats what I saw first time around. WOuld someone be kind enough to educate me as to what the more technical errors shown here are?

Cuchulain
4/03/2010 1:41pm,
Really, I bet ladyboys look like real hotties as well

Sometimes.

Well in my defence, the things that to my eye put it above typical Kung Fu or Krottie type training.
-They're actually hitting and getting hit.
-They're rolling with punches.
-I like the three way sparring.
-They're training how to stay active and aggressive on the ground.

Okay, It's not going to work in competition but I think it would have benefits if you find yourself in situation where it's all kicking off.

Vorpal
4/03/2010 3:27pm,
These assholes probably walk past three Sambo schools on their way to train this crap.

Monkfg
4/03/2010 5:49pm,
Considering that this is a best of, systema sucks. I'm still glad there is systema sparring.