PDA

View Full Version : Ninja camp

Esamurai
3/29/2010 2:06pm,
Hey all,

I'm considering taking a break next year to travel around and learn MAs just like Bruce Wayne did before kicking ass in a bat suit.
So the first thing I do is fire up google and type in "martial arts traveling".

Using "martial arts" was probably a mistake. So ofc i get a load of learn kung fu in China links, but more surprisingly, this websites appears in 2nd position on the 1st page:
http://theninjacamp.com/index.html

I instantly thought of Bullshido. Not sure if this should be in the comedy forum or MABS forum. Maybe in a MA tragedy forum? This kinda crap doenst even make me laugh anymore.

Cheers,

Marc

Sri Hanuman
3/29/2010 2:11pm,
Are you sure that's a good idea? You will probably have to do some unsavory things for Chinese and Korean businessmen to pay your bills. Things that once done can't be undone, no matter how many times you shower.

Keep day job, do Judo?

For future ref. this is YMAS material.

Esamurai
3/29/2010 2:20pm,
Wait, doing unsavory things isnt part of the training experience? Damn... I've been had all these years.

Next ninja camp or shaolin retreat I discover I'll post in YMAS.

It is Fake
3/29/2010 2:22pm,
Wait, doing unsavory things isnt part of the training experience? Damn... I've been had all these years.

Next ninja camp or shaolin retreat I discover I'll post in YMAS.

Actually, this one can join those as this isn't MABS worthy.

*HINT* If you aren't sure, it doesn't belong in here.

Omega Supreme
3/29/2010 3:07pm,
LOL, that's the name of our kids summer camp. I'm thinking "Oh ****, I've been outed"

Sri Hanuman
3/29/2010 3:09pm,
LOL, that's the name of our kids summer camp. I'm thinking "Oh ****, I've been outed"

I knew it.
I knew sooner or later you'd cave to the pressure and start teaching the ninja arts!!!

Ragnarok is upon us.

Omega Supreme
3/29/2010 3:57pm,
Ragnarok is upon us.

Do you realize how ironic it is for you to say this?

Styygens
3/29/2010 4:07pm,
They've been advertising this in Black Belt Magazine for several months now...

Errr, or so I've noticed while reading it at the supermarket magazine rack... Okay, I have a subscription, but my wife got it for me! I only look at the pretty pictures, I don't read the articles, I swear!!

Oh ****. I've been outed.

The Valkyries will never claim me now for Odin's Einherjar... I am doomed to sit out Ragnarok.

Brian R. VanCise
3/29/2010 4:16pm,
They've been advertising this in Black Belt Magazine for several months now...

Errr, or so I've noticed while reading it at the supermarket magazine rack... Okay, I have a subscription, but my wife got it for me! I only look at the pretty pictures, I don't read the articles, I swear!!

Oh ****. I've been outed.

The Valkyries will never claim me now for Odin's Einherjar... I am doomed to sit out Ragnarok.

Just how bad is BlackBelt magazine now. I looked at one the other day and it was how shall we say disappointing on every level!

Styygens
3/29/2010 4:28pm,
Just how bad is BlackBelt magazine now. I looked at one the other day and it was how shall we say disappointing on every level!

It's funny you ask, because I just got my latest issue in the mail today... all 90 pages worth.

The Headline? "Wing Chun: Hong Kong's Meanest Martial Art Goes Close Combat." It must be mean because the picture is of bald guy named Eric Oram (never heard of him, but I don't follow the Chun). Everyone knows bald guys are more badass.

We also get these features:
-- 15 Masters Cure the Biggest Martial Arts Mistakes
-- Meet Ninjai, The Little Ninja; Animated Warrior Rules the Web
-- 6th Degree Black Belt Teaches the Only Kick You'll Ever Need
-- First 15 Seconds: How to Survive the Crucial Moments of a Street Fight.

Let's not forget the regular column by everyone's favorite RBSD guru, Sgt. Jim Wagner, or the page devoted to (very minor) Celebrities who happen to practice martial arts. This month the "celebrity" is Kevin Brown (who?).

I do read Dave Lowry's column every month. And yes, I do look at the pretty pictures. And the ads are unintentionally enlightening... I find the rag useful to stay on top of what the "Industry" is pushing. And some months, they do surprise me.

Sri Hanuman
3/29/2010 5:02pm,
Do you realize how ironic it is for you to say this?

Is it the Hindu diety thing, the me being the first to die thing, or the fact that monkeys don't generally follow the Odinist faith?

Omega Supreme
3/29/2010 5:04pm,
Is it the Hindu diety thing, the me being the first to die thing, or the fact that monkeys don't generally follow the Odinist faith?

The gym I teach at is called "Valhalla"

Sri Hanuman
3/29/2010 5:41pm,
Wow... I learned something new about Omega, and about irony. I nominate this thread of the day.

It is Fake
3/29/2010 5:46pm,
Well, he is the one that lead to the distinct difference between bullshido and Mcdojo. In other words, good schools can use Mcdojo tactics to keep the doors open.

That's why we always say go to the school before passing judgment.