PDA

View Full Version : No muscle

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Tytree
3/27/2010 12:14am,
Ok guys, I need some advice.

I feel like my pectoral muscles are not thick enough. I really hate going to the gym, I just don't like it period. I'm not saying I won't go, but avoiding it at most costs.

I also have motivational issues. I can't get motivated unless someone's pushing me to try harder, but I can't afford a personal trainer.

I have been bench pressing on the floor of my basement, but only to 120 because I'm too paranoid it will fall on me and something something that results in injury.

What can I do to bulk up my chest? Push ups are automatically on the list.

Emevas
3/27/2010 12:21am,
Your problem is not your pecs, it's your psychology. Overcome your lack of desire to go to the gym and get motivated. Do Stronglifts 5x5 for 1 year.

And I dropped 275lbs on my face with no issues aside from some scratching and bruising. Don't worry about it.

Kentucky Fried Chokin
3/27/2010 12:28am,
Find a training partner that you guys can motivate and spot each other.

Lily
3/27/2010 1:28am,
And I dropped 275lbs on my face with no issues aside from some scratching and bruising. Don't worry about it.
Is that Emevas humour? I have smacked my face with the bar and dropped 20kg on my chest, not fatal but ouch!!

Tytree - why don't you want to go to the gym (cost, travel distance?) and what set up do you have at home?

What's your general musculature like that you are particularly concerned with your pecs?

Emevas
3/27/2010 1:57am,
Nah, not humor. I've posted the pictures before.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/emevas/DSC01337-1.jpg

alex
3/27/2010 4:51am,
why the gym dislike? be specific, i spend 10 hours a day in one so i might be able to help you on that.

SaintHamish
3/27/2010 5:25am,
Its like saying I want to be a doctor but I hate school.

You will need to lift weights to some degree if you want any results.

ArrogantBastard
3/27/2010 6:45am,
If you really don't want to go to the gym, start doing tons of pushups, pullups, and dips.

Diesel_tke
3/27/2010 8:12am,
Ok guys, I need some advice.

I also have motivational issues. I can't get motivated unless someone's pushing me to try harder, but I can't afford a personal trainer.

I have been bench pressing on the floor of my basement, but only to 120 because I'm too paranoid it will fall on me and something something that results in injury.

What can I do to bulk up my chest? Push ups are automatically on the list.

To be honest, you kinda seem like a little bitch. Me pecs are small, I hate the gym, I can't afford a trainer, I'm scare of the weight falling on me.

You know what you want, you know what it takes to get there, and you refuse to do it. What do you want from us?

I used to bench press in my garage when I didn't feel like going to the gym. I would put 315 on the bar and just not use any clips, that way if I can't get the bar up on the last couple of pushes, I could dump the weight. Stop being a little bitch and go bench!!

JBliss
3/27/2010 10:56am,
diesel is t3h k0rr3c7. Shush yer mouth

jnp
3/27/2010 8:04pm,
Missing posts moved here: PT forum detritus - No BS MMA and Martial Arts (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=94935)

Lily
3/27/2010 8:15pm,
Tytree, as others have stated, your main obstacle is mental.

Are you willing to work through them to get what you want?

In terms of motivation, you should set realistic, achievable, short-term goals that rely solely on you. Believe me, once you start knocking over these mini-goals you'll start realizing you're capable of self-motivation and commitment to your goals.

P Marsh
3/28/2010 1:06am,
I can kinda understand what your going through. I'm quite the thin man myself (170cm/5'9" 132lbs) and my pecks are one of my trouble areas. My university gym isn't so bad (no music speakers) and just made it part of my routine and its now a comfortable part of my week.

Get some nice music and find a good spot for it in your schedule and it might grow on you but as for that, I can't offer much.

Tytree
3/28/2010 1:07am,
Well, you guys have some very valid points. I don't like the gym because people come and start yapping like girls near the free weights, and it's intolerable. I just can't take it at all anymore.

There's nothing set up in my house, just a bar with about 175 pounds and some free weights, 2 15, 2 35, and one 50.

I suppose my short term goal will be to increase my maximum push up count.

I'm concerned with my pec size because of general insecurity. It seems to me my arms are big but my body size is only medium

Not using the clips is a good idea, but I was doing it on the floor so I'm not sure if I'd be able to dump the weight, not unless at least I get a bench.

Thanks for advice, everyone.

I plan to take up swimming soon. I know it's going to strengthen my heart, but will it bulk up my muscles at all? Specifically chest muscles?

P Marsh
3/28/2010 1:18am,
Well, you guys have some very valid points. I don't like the gym because people come and start yapping like girls near the free weights, and it's intolerable. I just can't take it at all anymore.

There's nothing set up in my house, just a bar with about 175 pounds and some free weights, 2 15, 2 35, and one 50.

I suppose my short term goal will be to increase my maximum push up count.

I'm concerned with my pec size because of general insecurity. It seems to me my arms are big but my body size is only medium

Not using the clips is a good idea, but I was doing it on the floor so I'm not sure if I'd be able to dump the weight, not unless at least I get a bench.

Thanks for advice, everyone.

I plan to take up swimming soon. I know it's going to strengthen my heart, but will it bulk up my muscles at all? Specifically chest muscles?

See, I don't tend to use free weights due to the jockstrap mirror whores that tend to spend more time mentally stripping themselves than working out unless I'm doing my arm isolation (left bicep is a bit smaller than the right, which is odd due to left handedness). The machines, if available will save you a bit of time and can be just as effective.

Swimming is good cardio and will build muscle over all but not as fast as weightlifting or combining the two. I do a few laps around the track for a warmup but most of my progress has been with weights.

TheRuss
3/28/2010 1:33am,
I don't like the gym because people come and start yapping like girls near the free weights, and it's intolerable.

Dude, get a grip. At least they show up. That puts them at least one rung above you on the food chain.