PDA

View Full Version : Judo vs Wrestling the Polls are Open

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

kayman101
3/24/2010 8:26pm,
I heard an interesting argument the other day regarding which art would prevail in a takedown competition between an Olympic freestyle wrestler and an Olympic judoka of the same size, strength, and expertise. Since these guys having the debate were UFC fans and not martial artists, I'm wondering what more knowledgeable folks would say about this match up. Let's just say that the first take down wins (winner scores 1 point) and they have a race to 20. Who would prevail and by what score (Yes, I may have too much time on my hands).

Kickapoo
3/24/2010 8:32pm,
How can anyone possibly answer this? Flip a coin and you'll likely have a better chance of knowing then any of us.

Lindz
3/24/2010 8:35pm,
Whose rules?

u1ysses
3/24/2010 8:38pm,
(1) Learn both.
(2) Win. (http://www.themat.com/article.php?ArticleID=21668)

kayman101
3/24/2010 8:40pm,
Dressed in street clothes. UFC rules.

Holy Moment
3/24/2010 8:43pm,
Who would win in an erotic submission grappling match between Michael Spinks and John Matua?

Mtripp
3/24/2010 8:45pm,
Its all wrestling; what you are wearing and what are the rules are the only difference.

Emevas
3/24/2010 8:50pm,
Dressed in street clothes. UFC rules.

By the very definition, being dressed in street clothes is a violation of the UFC rules.

Little Lamb
3/24/2010 8:54pm,
People will scoff at this sort of adolescent hypothetical.

But they are dead wrong. One of the greatest joys of the internet is the mass participant goofy hypothetical.

So I vote Hulk. The Thing is entirely too crumbly, being made of sedimentary rock and all.

kayman101
3/24/2010 8:59pm,
Isn't the whole purpose of this forum to "Take the gloves off and grammatically beat on each other and dead horses such as Style vs. Style". So why would one scoff???? Want to discuss the new health care plan???

Emevas
3/24/2010 9:02pm,
Look, here's the thing.

You see, wrestling is a sport where the goal is to pick the other guy up, put him down hard, and then pin him.

Judo, on the other hand, is a competition where the intent is to throw the other guy to the ground and then establish a dominant position.

They're night and day.

100xobm
3/24/2010 9:06pm,
Isn't the whole purpose of this forum to "Take the gloves off and grammatically beat on each other and dead horses such as Style vs. Style". So why would one scoff???? Want to discuss the new health care plan???

Grammatically speaking, three question marks implies a sense of desperate mania in your questions.

kayman101
3/24/2010 9:09pm,
So obviously such a match up couldn't happen and there couldn't possibly be a winner if it did. I wonder if the two styles could even be in the same room at the same time.

kayman101
3/24/2010 9:10pm,
And thank you Dr. Frued

Tsukyomi
3/24/2010 9:47pm,
:argue:
Look, here's the thing.

You see, wrestling is a sport where the goal is to pick the other guy up, put him down hard, and then pin him.

Judo, on the other hand, is a competition where the intent is to throw the other guy to the ground and then establish a dominant position.

They're night and day.

Wrestling is about dominant position also

Snake Plissken
3/24/2010 9:59pm,
I think Emevas was being facetious