PDA

View Full Version : Machida - Do Karate for MMA DVD set

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Necroyunus
3/15/2010 12:11am,
Anyone came across this? (I searched but couldnt find it here)

I was looking for some Lyoto Machida videos on the internet and in a website I found that he has a 4 volume DVD set named "Machida-Do Karate for Mixed Martial Arts" .

You can see them all in that website, but I dont want to give the links here because of the license problems. If there is no problem I can share it though.

Also can be bought from here:
Amazon.com: Machida-Do Karate for Mixed Martial Arts (4-DVD Box Set): Lyoto Machida, Erich Krauss: Movies & TV (http://www.amazon.com/Machida-Do-Karate-Mixed-Martial-4-DVD/dp/B001VED3FI)

If anybody saw it, comments please.

pmosiun
3/15/2010 2:24am,
There is a review on MAP.

Necroyunus
3/15/2010 2:27am,
I wanna see what bullies think about it. I already saw it myself.

pauli
3/15/2010 4:48am,
i hear it was a limited pressing; actual copies are described as "elusive."

jkdeez
3/15/2010 5:28am,
Dude its on youtube. All of em are on youtube. I wont post a link though because the title is written in some foreign language(middle eastern???).

Necroyunus
3/15/2010 9:20am,
well ok I find them on youku. You can find all 4 volumes of it in youku also. And its totally english.

Gabetuno
3/15/2010 11:08am,
YouTube- Machida-Do: Evade and Takedown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ4XLlAW0XU)

I found this, and I like what I see.

However, if you think there is a system out there which will allow you to do MMA without taking much if any damage, you should go play kickball.

Eudemic
3/15/2010 12:41pm,
I own a copy. I haven't watched it in about three months, but I like what's on it.

I'll re-watch it sometime this week and write up something more detailed for you.

maofas
3/15/2010 1:35pm,
Dude its on youtube. All of em are on youtube. I wont post a link though because the title is written in some foreign language(middle eastern???).

Russian, the guy who posted them is a Russian Karate guy with an interesting channel even though I can't understand it.

The Machida DVDs are okay IMO. It's 4 DVDs and there is good information on there, but there's also a lot of filler.

MMAMickey
3/15/2010 4:59pm,
does he actually make this stuff work?

nnate
3/15/2010 5:39pm,
does he actually make this stuff work?

I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question.

MMAMickey
3/15/2010 5:47pm,
I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question.

not at all, this looks like what I used to have to do at karate gradings..jukumite? (I can't quite remember the name)

..basically it looks alot more difficult to pull off than say a standard sanda 1,2 double-leg

Eudemic
3/15/2010 6:32pm,
not at all, this looks like what I used to have to do at karate gradings..jukumite? (I can't quite remember the name)

..basically it looks alot more difficult to pull off than say a standard sanda 1,2 double-leg

I've gotten some of it to work in sparring. . .

MMAMickey
3/15/2010 6:39pm,
video?
I don't want to be a prick but your style field does say books, so I'm inclined to think the worst

..that aside, I really don't see these being high percentage techniques. The takedown wasn't so bad, but a leg kick would have been easier and kept him in his comfort zone

PointyShinyBurn
3/15/2010 6:59pm,
does he actually make this stuff work?http://www.spladdle.com/2008/05/lyoto-machida-takedown-gifs/

Conde Koma
3/15/2010 7:25pm,
but the bigger question is if ANYone can make it work, or if it's something that only a whole life of training and conditioning can accomplish.