PDA

View Full Version : Daido juku (kudo)

Ghost_Dog
3/07/2010 8:19am,
I have a chance to train Kudo but wanted to hear your opinion on it since its hard to find info on it and its effectiveness.

To me the combination kyokushin + judo + boxing = badass

Mas
3/07/2010 9:27am,
A million times yes.

CrackFox
3/07/2010 10:05am,
DO IT!

evol1349
3/07/2010 10:14am,
Welcome to bullshido. I would love to read more about that system, sounds sweet.

CrackFox
3/07/2010 10:15am,
Welcome to bullshido. I would love to read more about that system, sounds sweet.
They wear space helmets and beat the crap out of each other, what more do you need to know?

Neo Sigma
3/07/2010 11:40am,

Good luck finding anyone here who disagrees. Daido juku is probably the most hardcore thing you'll ever train wearing a gi.

Ghost_Dog
3/07/2010 12:28pm,
Thanks for the welcome and the feedback.

I already watched a class, the gym is wide and well equipped with punching/kicking bags, both grappling and striking part seems awesome, oh and yes -they wear space helmets. And they spar a lot wearing them. :)

I will definitely start training Kudo soon.
There is only one thing I just dont get... How come this style is so unknown? I mean, no one even heard of it, the popularity of Kudo compared to MMA is basically 0 even though Kudo seems highly effective as a martial art system.

CrackFox
3/07/2010 12:32pm,
There is only one thing I just dont get... How come this style is so unknown?
YouTube- Bob Dylan - Blowin' in the wind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUr9z-_LWPA)

reindo
3/07/2010 2:19pm,
I have a chance to train Kudo but wanted to hear your opinion on it since its hard to find info on it and its effectiveness.

You are one lucky dawg.
DO IT !!!
BTW where do you live?

Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs
3/07/2010 2:37pm,
Thanks for the welcome and the feedback.

I already watched a class, the gym is wide and well equipped with punching/kicking bags, both grappling and striking part seems awesome, oh and yes -they wear space helmets. And they spar a lot wearing them. :)

I will definitely start training Kudo soon.
There is only one thing I just dont get... How come this style is so unknown? I mean, no one even heard of it, the popularity of Kudo compared to MMA is basically 0 even though Kudo seems highly effective as a martial art system.

Because most Daido Jukuka are people who train Kyokushin and Judo seperatly (this is also the origin of the style).
In Japan it is/was the tradition that every Judoka crosstrains in Karate and every Karateka crosstrains in Judo. So there were from the start a lot of Daido Juku fighters around.

In the West the crosstrain principle was lost, so we have here Judoka and Karateka, but only the last 20 years the concept of crosstraining has emerged here through the succes of MMA (Muay Thai and Bjj).

So there aren't a lot (Kyokushin) Karate/Judo Dojo around here in the West and Kudo uses more the strategy to affiliate itself with existing dojo than sending Daido Jukuka in the world to spread the style by opening Daido Juku Dojo*.

(*Dojo can be used for one dojo, as for many dojo(s). This will make it easier to read the text).