PDA

View Full Version : Articles, Papers, and Theories - Roy Harris

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Rashomon
2/13/2004 11:19pm,
After reading the Geoff Thompson thread, I started thinking about other articles and papers that I have read. One of the best sites I have found is www.RoyHarris.com. You have to get a free ID and password now in order to read the articles, which sucks, but it might be worth your while. (...and, no, I don't get paid by Mr. Harris. :) )

blankslate
2/14/2004 12:04am,
I like Roy's stuff.

Pandinha
2/14/2004 2:09pm,
I own Roy's BJJ 101 and 201.

Well worth the money. Deus trains at his school.

Omega Supreme
2/14/2004 2:48pm,
I know Roy, I don't get paid by him, I'm not a friend of his I've just met him and his students a few times:

That being said, if you get a chance to train with this guy do it. He has much to share.

Beneath Contempt
2/14/2004 2:58pm,
The only thing I ever wondered about was a quote that was attributed to Roy Harris, although I don't know if he actually said it:

"A BJJ blue belt can beat a black belt in any other art - a purple belt can beat his instructor,"

I know judoka that BJJ purple belts could never dream of beating. But then, did Roy Harris really say it, and if he did, maybe he was trolling on Sherdog or something.

Omega Supreme
2/14/2004 3:10pm,
There is the operative word "can" in that sentence, as opposed to "will". From my experiance, and remember I'm not a BJJ guy, it is true.

Rashomon
2/14/2004 3:21pm,
<--- bows to Deus. He's a lucky guy.

Beneath Contempt
2/14/2004 3:54pm,
Originally posted by omega
There is the operative word "can" in that sentence, as opposed to "will". From my experiance, and remember I'm not a BJJ guy, it is true.

I didn't think of that. I won't bother to look up the exact quote seeing as I don't no whether or not he actually said it. I think someone around here had it as a sig for a while.

deus ex machina
2/14/2004 7:56pm,
Mr. Harris is "the bomb".

Pandinha
2/14/2004 9:33pm,
I used to have that quote as my sig.

Yes, it was a quote from Roy that I picked up somewhere.

SMF
2/15/2004 3:00am,
i checked it out lot of good conent. Gotta say though seems like the mans got a very different attitude than deus though..

Beneath Contempt
2/15/2004 5:22am,
Anthony : You should make it your sig again. Your current one sucks. It's like something you expect to see on a sticker on the back of a car.

deus ex machina
2/15/2004 5:25am,
Originally posted by soul mind fist
i checked it out lot of good conent. Gotta say though seems like the mans got a very different attitude than deus though..

If I took aikido, I'd be bitter towards myself too.

drunkenj
2/15/2004 8:16am,
:D

SMF
2/15/2004 8:24am,
mmm bitter **** i need a beer

SMF
2/15/2004 8:33am,
ehehehe Mr Harris even says that if you end up on the ground on the street you shouldn't stay there...and all you people seem to disagree. Hmmm. (yes of course its better to know what to do down there but im refering to the practice of people electing to take it there because thats what they are comfortable with from their tarining exploits)