PDA

View Full Version : Hello...

CSquared1972
2/05/2010 2:38am,
My name is Chuck and I'm only here because my usual MMA/TMA forum is currently out of commission. Be warned, I am a Grammar Nazi...

CSquared1972
2/05/2010 4:04am,
I have read all thirty-one pages of the Newbietown Rules thread and have concluded the following:

I'm really going to like it around here.

Broken Fist
2/06/2010 1:43am,
Hey, Chuck, what's up. I see you're in Tulsa as well.

It is Fake
2/06/2010 1:49am,
My name is Chuck and I'm only here because my usual MMA/TMA forum is currently out of commission. Be warned, I am a Grammar Nazi...Boy are you in trouble.

Welcome to bullshido.

jnp
2/06/2010 2:26am,
My name is Chuck and I'm only here because my usual MMA/TMA forum is currently out of commission. Be warned, I am a Grammar Nazi...
So you deem "Grammar Nazi" to be a proper noun? Your Strunk and White fu is weak!

Welcome to the boards.

CSquared1972
2/06/2010 4:13am,
Thank you, guys!

"Nazi" is a proper noun, although I could have used "grammatical fascist" instead (which would have been much more appropriate). But I believe that would have been lost on the majority of the members of this site.

I only enforce it on myself because I endeavor to write professionally some day, not to belittle the uneducated/disinterested/cynical. Unless it's your/you're...that **** drives me fucking insane.

Where do you train in your freestyle, Fist?

Broken Fist
2/06/2010 11:20pm,
Anywhere and everywhere I can.

One of my sparring partners is with Adam's Muay Thai; another is with Mikey Burnett's. Mostly just once a week, working on technique et al.

At the moment, I mostly focus on conditioning and training. Jogging, squats, pushups, chin-ups, and bagwork. I'd like to do more sparring, but space and partners is an issue(I'm only 5'8"; my muay thai partner is 6'2 and outweighs me by seventy pounds or so.)

That, and I managed to slip and fall during the snow and ice this past week and damaged the ligament in my left wrist. I now have a wrist brace, painkillers, and a restriction on lifting and repetitive motions with my left hand. Yay. Life sucks sometimes.

Could be worse, though; I thought I'd broken my left ulna...