PDA

View Full Version : 'lo to you all.

Blam101
1/17/2010 5:04pm,
'lo to you all. I'm a long time (cowardly) lurker, first time poster.

Little background on my MA experience;
I spent about two years training boxing when I was tiny lad, before eventually moving from Belfast to England. Unfortunatly there isn't a single boxing club/gym within easy travelling distance from where I moved to, so I stopped boxing entirely.

Spent a good few years sitting on my ass playing beat 'em ups on various consoles. Now, I hear you say that beat 'em ups don't count as MA experience and well, I agree entirely.

About four months ago I began learning Krav Maga (With a decent instructor, not one of those idiotic "I spent five weeks learning Krav Maga and now I think I'm awesome at it, so I may as well teach it myself and get someone killed in the process.")

Just about a month ago I started learning kickboxing in order to eventually enter competitions.

I'm interested in learning Judo eventually, once I get myself a solid base in striking.

I think that's about it.

evol1349
1/17/2010 5:13pm,
welcome to bullshido.enjoy the judo,its hella fun.soak up as much as you can.good luck.

Gidi
1/17/2010 5:14pm,
Welcome to BS
Judo and kickboxing/boxing should be a very solid mix.

was wondering how do you compare the striking taught at the Krav maga place to your kickboxing and boxing training?

usually its roughly medicore in comparison as far as the general consensus here is.

Blam101
1/17/2010 7:01pm,
Welcome to BS
Judo and kickboxing/boxing should be a very solid mix.

was wondering how do you compare the striking taught at the Krav maga place to your kickboxing and boxing training?

usually its roughly medicore in comparison as far as the general consensus here is.

I'd say the actual striking taught is on par with both the kickboxing and boxing training.
This class in particular is made up of guys with experience in various striking arts, so that helps. Obviously we couldn't dedicate as much time to striking as an actual kickboxing/boxing class.