PDA

View Full Version : Noob to Bullshido but not to Martial Arts

STexMartialArts
1/17/2010 12:53pm,
Just joined Bullshido today... 1st question: does anyone have a link/vid of a couple of Aikidoka "practicing" Aikido (looks kind of like dancing to me)... you can see them at the beginning of this vid YouTube- Aikido Groove - By Bullshido.net (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPdnizRcPls) (0:12) by Phrost, but can't seem to find it anywhere. I used to have it, but when I upgraded my computer, lost the vid :( The reason I'm looking for it is because I want to show it to prospective students so that they can know what NOT to do (I'm a Shodan in Aikido, and we NEVER do anything like that - more realistic situations/training).

Red Elvis
1/17/2010 1:10pm,
You mean not all Aikido Shodan dance as good as this?

Hurrrumph...
Red crosses Aikido off his list of places to learn t3h two step boogie woogie.

Ohh yah... welcome BTW...

Hurrumph

Phrost
1/17/2010 1:22pm,
Ahh, I have it somewhere... I need to re-upload it.

Or you could help petition YouTube to restore the videos on the BullshidoPhrost channel.

Bombman
1/17/2010 1:57pm,
Welcome to the forums. I am the opposite actually, I've been lurking the site for ages but just started practicing MA this year.

...and I'm also posting to get rid of that obnoxious 32-size font header.

STexMartialArts
1/17/2010 3:23pm,
thanks for the info (sort of :p) - yep, unfortunately, I can't dance as good as those guys. As for petitioning Youtube to reinstate the video, I would have to know the name of the vid, which I don't :(

STexMartialArts
1/17/2010 3:36pm,
Welcome to the forums. I am the opposite actually, I've been lurking the site for ages but just started practicing MA this year.

...and I'm also posting to get rid of that obnoxious 32-size font header.
Welcome to the forums as well...

STexMartialArts
1/17/2010 4:04pm,
Ahh, I have it somewhere... I need to re-upload it.

Or you could help petition YouTube to restore the videos on the BullshidoPhrost channel.

How would I go about doing that, btw?

MGM
1/17/2010 5:08pm,
Welcome to site. Are you concerned that your students will want to dance instead of train?

STexMartialArts
1/17/2010 6:21pm,
Welcome to site. Are you concerned that your students will want to dance instead of train?
Not really, I just don't want them getting into their heads that I'm running a dance class - my students are literally students. I'm running an afterschool program at the high school I work for and most of the kids have not had any kind of Martial Arts experience other than what they've seen on tv/movies.

Bombman
1/17/2010 8:38pm,
I'm running an afterschool program at the high school I work for and most of the kids have not had any kind of Martial Arts experience other than what they've seen on tv/movies.

Really? Haha I'm one of those kids... except its Muay Thai. I think of it as a hobby now but as I practice more I could take it more seriously. (I only practice once a week)

Phrost
1/17/2010 11:06pm,
How would I go about doing that, btw?

Know someone that works at Google?

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=0bf90c4aeee75ccd&hl=en

STexMartialArts
1/18/2010 8:54pm,
Know someone that works at Google?

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=0bf90c4aeee75ccd&hl=en
sorry, don't know anyone who works for google... good luck trying to get the account fully reinstated!