PDA

View Full Version : tulsa martial arts school?

spaceknight
1/12/2010 4:56pm,
hi, everyone, i've lurked enough and now i've got some questions... does anyone know of a good school for arnis in tulsa, oklahoma? i've taken wing chun enough to know i don't like it. i took goju til i ran out of cash as a college student and taken several years of kempo/kenpo. also, does anyone know of a good kenpo school as well? i know it's a generic art but yknow..... thanks for any advice

hungryjoe
1/12/2010 9:45pm,
Welcome to the site.

Any chance you'd be interested in checking out judo?

kenikim
1/12/2010 11:05pm,
Welcome to the site.

Any chance you'd be interested in checking out judo?

not the best sales pitch for our beloved sport, and you know it...

how about this?

you should try judo because it is a dynamic sport that will challenge you like very few other martial art can. it involves a lot of throwing techniques and ground techniques. judo is trained and cross trained by many MMA fighters of past and present, Dan Severn, Don Frye, Karo Parisyan, Akiyama Yoshihiro and Fedor Emelianenko,

judo training provides resistive sparring that will allow you to fully experience the benefit of a live, reactive, resisting partner, that you won't get from repeating forms or simple drills alone.

there is no striking involved in sport judo, however, it provides a great basis for fitness and self-defense.

for more info, please have a look at the judo faq.

Judo FAQ/Primer - No BS MMA and Martial Arts (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89967)

p.s. i know that there is a good judo community in tulsa, so it will be worth checking out.

spaceknight
1/13/2010 11:02am,
hey hungryjoe, judging by your picture you need a couple twinkies for those skinny ribs of yours....heh

seriously tho, i have considered judo. some friends, coworkers and instructors i had back in college were judo practitioners and i've seen the tulsa judo club's website. seems like a nice place. there's another place in town that teaches tkd (definitely not interested in), kenpo, bukendo, and arnis. i thought about swinging by there to observe a class or two (kenpo and arnis). i'd like to observe a judo class as well. if i had my druthers (meaning: all the free time i wanted) i'd probably take judo and arnis at the same time. but i can't so i've gotta pick one...