PDA

View Full Version : a lurker no more..or how to bite the noob bullet.

evol1349
1/03/2010 7:23pm,
greets and welcome.from the frozen midwest.some where lost and outta lures.:icon_rr:

battlefields
1/03/2010 9:24pm,
I know this is noobietown so I am doing my best to be nice, so dude, would you please kindly explain what the **** you are on about?

Maybe it is a frozen midwest accent that I don't get...

G0LG013
1/03/2010 10:01pm,
I know this is noobietown so I am doing my best to be nice, so dude, would you please kindly explain what the **** you are on about?

Maybe it is a frozen midwest accent that I don't get...

I don't mean to gang up on anyone but battlefields does have a point.. what ARE you talking about?

jnp
1/03/2010 10:26pm,
He's saying he's lost and short on fishing gear, fishing lures specifically. That's my best guess anyway.

Welcome to Bullshido evol1349.

I'd like to know more about kosen jujitsu. I am unfamiliar with it.

Barabbas
1/04/2010 4:59am,
Yes, yes... fishing is fun, but I do not like the taste of fish.

evol1349
1/04/2010 11:37am,
sorry randomness of 4am..and the style of kosen jujitsu would be what the gracies learned before calling their system "gracie" jujitsu.my instructors also added sambo/danzan ryu into their mix of jujitsu.hope that clears things up a bit.

jnp
1/04/2010 12:26pm,
Is this your club?

http://www.combat-jujitsu.com/cjj/location.html

As far as I'm aware, the term "Kosen" only referred to a rule set in Judo that allowed for more time spent in newaza as opposed to the mainstream rule set for Judo. There never was a "Kosen" jujutsu in Japan, but I could be mistaken.

Are you aware of any links or web pages that goes into the history of Kosen jujitsu? Or is this simply a case of the instructor's adopting the name Kosen because it fit their training goals?

evol1349
1/04/2010 3:46pm,
yes.but i have just started and still in the feeling out period.their is a more well known school closer to where i live called warriors cove.i may try them next week/see a difference in straight up bjj vs kosen jujitsu.