PDA

View Full Version : Promotional Video from my gym

Deadmeat
1/02/2010 6:10am,
Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted, but I thought I'd drop by and post this for your entertainment. It's a short promotional video from our gym - Shindo New Breed MMA. I'm the assistant instructor there under Kerry Dunne.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJjlZTk3VQA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJjlZTk3VQA)

The track was composed, performed and produced by Kerry (the head coach), the main vocals provided by student/fighter Kahn Goodluck and I wrote & performed the lead guitar part. The video was cut and edited by another student, Hamish Lyons. So basically, the video & music were created entirely by members of the Shindo gym.

If you're curious, I'm the guy with the long white sleeves under my shirt.

We had a lot of fun putting this together, so I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers.

alex
1/02/2010 6:51am,
im sorry man but i just couldnt help but laugh the whole time at the comical track. please for the love of god, find some decent music. that almost made my ears bleed.

cool vid though, nice looking gym- was that keith jardine hanging around near the start or just a lookalike?

Deadmeat
1/02/2010 6:53am,
lol. Just a lookalike, though I do call him the dean sometimes.

jspeedy
1/02/2010 1:10pm,
Nice job on the guitar for the track very MMAish sounding. The lyrics although kind of amusing sounded like the typical testosterone driven rock/metal meathead stuff you hear at MMA events. Overall, the video looks good, it's cool you guys made it yourself rather than spend a bunch of money on something that would have came out much worse.

Mackan
1/02/2010 2:02pm,
Nice job on the guitar for the track very MMAish sounding. The lyrics although kind of amusing sounded like the typical testosterone driven rock/metal meathead stuff you hear at MMA events. Overall, the video looks good, it's cool you guys made it yourself rather than spend a bunch of money on something that would have came out much worse.

Hear, hear.

I liked this, although I tend to laugh at the lyrics. OTOH - catchy! And all in good fun, I suppose, so... Good on ya!

G0LG013
1/02/2010 2:19pm,
That dude, the singer or whatever, just cut the parts with his face and put a pair of gloves or something. I mean, the video is serious except for him.

Good work.

CrackFox
1/02/2010 5:16pm,
Is this supposed to be a real promo for your gym or just you guys goofing around?

If it's just you guys goofing around then it's good stuff. If you're trying to promote the gym it might be better if you cut back the lyrics and drop the shots of the guy singing.

cuatro76
1/02/2010 7:13pm,
I would make it an instrumental. And definitely cut the wolf howls. Great fight footage though.

Deadmeat
1/02/2010 8:43pm,
Thanks all for the feedback.

Is this supposed to be a real promo for your gym or just you guys goofing around?

If it's just you guys goofing around then it's good stuff. If you're trying to promote the gym it might be better if you cut back the lyrics and drop the shots of the guy singing.

It's pretty much us having fun, but it also serves as a platform to get our name out there. The club itself is already attracting a lot of new members all the time, and we have an excellent competition record, which helps.

CrackFox
1/02/2010 8:46pm,
It's pretty much us having fun, but it also serves as a platform to get our name out there.
OK, it's just that right now it's kind of like you guys wrote a song and used some clips of you fighting and training to make a video for it, instead of it being about the club.

superninjagod
1/03/2010 1:46pm,

I've gotta say, I'm with Crackfox in this one. Some of the people on the video looked pretty young (in highschool prehaps). If I was a parent watching this video I would lose alot of respect for your school. You never want to lose credibility, even if you are just having fun. Lyrics are lame, singing dude is really lame. Guitar was good. 90% of footage was good. Oddly enough the part of the video which showed the skills one by one with the captions below (stand up, take downs and grappling) did not highlight the best skills on the video, infact you didn't even show kicking!

The video was well done considering you did it yourselves. Its just my personal opinion that you could have very easily made it alot better. Next time include all the benefits (ie strength cardio edurance etc) as captions and include something about respect, confidence, dicipline and focus to attract parents who are looking to put their kids in something cool.