PDA

View Full Version : Intro

10chankc2
12/30/2009 4:58am,
Hi, I'm Kenneth from Hong Kong. I have a first dan in TKD and had trained for 9 years before finding out its useless. So I started doing Kyokushin karate which a month ago which i find a lot of fun and am planning on starting ashihara karate and HKD after my exams.

dig7six
12/30/2009 8:14am,
Hi, I'm Kenneth from Hong Kong. I have a first dan in TKD and had trained for 9 years before finding out its useless. So I started doing Kyokushin karate which a month ago which i find a lot of fun and am planning on starting ashihara karate and HKD after my exams.

Im fairly new myself, but welcome.

Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs
12/30/2009 8:42am,
Welcome to Bullshido.

Some good advice:

1) Start with Ashihara after obtaining your Shodan in Kyokushin. -> Ashihara is an offshoot of Kyokushin and starting those two at the same time will get you confused.

2) Don't do Hapkido (I've got my Chodan (Shodan) in HKD). Instead train Judo, you will get a much more realistic approche to grappling arts with it.

Have fun, train safe,

Zendo

10chankc2
12/30/2009 8:56am,
Welcome to Bullshido.

Some good advice:

1) Start with Ashihara after obtaining your Shodan in Kyokushin. -> Ashihara is an offshoot of Kyokushin and starting those two at the same time will get you confused.

2) Don't do Hapkido (I've got my Chodan (Shodan) in HKD). Instead train Judo, you will get a much more realistic approche to grappling arts with it.

Have fun, train safe,

Zendo

Ty for the advice but I chose HKD over Judo because i'm not really interested in grappling styles and would like to transfer my TKD training over to HKD.

Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs
12/30/2009 9:18am,
Ty for the advice but I chose HKD over Judo because i'm not really interested in grappling styles and would like to transfer my TKD training over to HKD.

Euh??...OK.

Being myself a Chodan in Taekwondo and Hapkido, I have to say that Hapkido is grappling and that the Taekwondo training doesn't transfer into Hapkido.

But you will find that out for yourself in the next decade so, have fun with Hapkido and in 10 years from now have fun with Judo.

Have fun, train safe,
Zendo