PDA

View Full Version : This is just bad...

devilboy7778
12/06/2009 5:06pm,
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/broadband/theedge/newsillustrated/sfl-ni-self-defense,0,3024314.htmlpage

I found this while on stumble

a few things on it I found to be really dumb.

How to escape a headlock: "Grab onto one or both legs and lift up to knock the attacker over. the attacker should let go of you to to catch the fall."

Other then the fact that it says to to... I think that it is highly unlikely for someone who isn't trained, or smaller to do this.

It also seems for the Choke hold that you shin scrap the guy till he lets go...

thoughts?
cheers:laughing7

Jcbal93
12/06/2009 9:32pm,
LMAO at the headlock one. Imagine if the attacker knew what it meant to pull guard and not let go of the guillotine in the picture... you basically screwed yourself >.<

devilboy7778
12/06/2009 10:48pm,
LMAO at the headlock one. Imagine if the attacker knew what it meant to pull guard and not let go of the guillotine in the picture... you basically screwed yourself >.<

I think the worst part of that picture is that this whole article is more for women's self defense so if the guy weighs a lot there is really no way the girl is going to be able to lift that guys whole body.

Just Guess
12/06/2009 10:54pm,
For that headlock one I'm surprised they didn't notice a perfectly valid opportunity to attack the groin. It's right there.

SaintHamish
12/06/2009 11:12pm,
Bas Rutten loves the grab the legs and lift defense.....

jkdbuck76
12/06/2009 11:19pm,
Read the comments section. Something about leaving napkins.

sun-sentinel FAIL.

Demon Eyes
12/07/2009 12:25am,
"MMA is just a sport there is nothing practical for the street in those competitions."
3 months later...
"I could've saved myself my credit card, cash, and a trip to the hospital if I had just watched this. What the hell was I thinking?"