PDA

View Full Version : Latest MMA training footage of Mariusz Pudzianowski - Epic Battle december 11th

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

bewotamyfwiend
12/05/2009 6:04pm,
YouTube- MARIUSZ PUDZIANOWSKI Training MMA (World's Strongest Man Vs Boxer ) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjqPyeLxgMc)
YouTube- Mariusz Pudzianowski PUDZIAN DOMINATOR Training MMA KSW (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzlp7FlwQK0)

Can you guys analize this video for me? Does he look like he can fight or is he bob sapp level crappy? This video was uploaded today so don't complain about search

*goes out to buy popcorn*

Adam Alexander
12/05/2009 6:19pm,
Huh, I didn't know the Bullshido mascot was a real person.

He strikes like he's bench pressing. He seems concerned about controlling speed over delivering power. He's not spending much time striking if this is authentic training.

Reminds me of Hulk Hogan vs. Rocky Balboa.

bewotamyfwiend
12/05/2009 6:24pm,
I was pondering the following guys: Bob Sapp vs that brazilian BJJ masta noiguira showed that grappling skill can overcome (meat)mountains. But in between all the getting slapped around bob sapp somehow managed to defeat ernesto hoost twice if I recall correctly. So clearly the elephant charge tactic works sometimes even against top opponents. And since bob sapp isn't nearly as strong as this guy.... this should be somewhat interesting. Like a freakshow experiment

CrackFox
12/05/2009 6:27pm,
Only watched the first one. Big sloppy telegraphed hey-makers on the right, arms-only uppercuts on the left, he wasn't really hitting those pads dead on, and he looked pretty gassed. His coach sounded kind of pissed off as well.

How old is he, and how long has he been training?

Clockworkripoff
12/05/2009 6:57pm,
He may be an amazing strongman competitor but his boxing looks like crap.

That and I'm not sure he can get a large enough gas tank with all that meat on his bones. He should stick to what he does best: Strongman sports.

JBliss
12/05/2009 7:01pm,
I guess we'll have to see how he fares.
of the cuff I'd say that conditioning will play a big part in an athlete of his size.
All that muscle demands a lot of oxygen.
His Wiki page states that he's a 4th kyu in Kyokushikai and spent
seven years boxing, but those hands look pretty dern sloppy for seven years
and I can't imagine him being much of a kicker. Then again who knows?
His first fight is definitely a tune-up in a local Promotion in Poland so maybe
in a year or so he'll get brought stateside and we can see what he's really got.

I would like to see him get his skill set up and his ring rust broke and then put him in the cage vs. Brock.

though i still expect Lesnar to take it. NCAA wrestling FTW

bewotamyfwiend
12/05/2009 7:07pm,
I doubt he'll be doing a lot of boxing anyway. He'll probably try to do the elephant charge like bob sapp and do the "hammerman" routine

bewotamyfwiend
12/05/2009 7:17pm,
This is what the fight will look like. Mariusz being Bob sapp
YouTube- Bob Sapp as The Tank L4D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWw4_plbCmM)

Demon Eyes
12/05/2009 8:01pm,
Bob Sapp as the Tank, nice.

Also, I find it funny that the voice actor for Zuko was the one raising Sapp's hand at the end of the video.

As for Mariusz fighting, I'm going to have to sit down at and watch.

Odacon
12/05/2009 8:44pm,
I cant see him getting anywhere in mma with that kind of body, those muscles just uses up way too much oxygen. He'll get some gnp wins over nobodies and then quietly disappear.

searcher66071
12/05/2009 11:43pm,
I would like to see him get his skill set up and his ring rust broke and then put him in the cage vs. Brock.

Marius will never be able to make weight for the UFC. I don't think he capable of cutting to 265.

Strifes
12/06/2009 12:00am,
That and I'm not sure he can get a large enough gas tank with all that meat on his bones. He should stick to what he does best: Strongman sports.
My thoughts exactly, that's a lot of muscle he has to breath for.

socratic
12/06/2009 1:12am,
I guess all the cardio he built up pulling trucks and whatnot doesn't carry over very well.

honest_truth
12/06/2009 1:20am,
quite slow punches, very loopy, little to no hip rotation, zero head movement, drops hands when punching, gases out quickly.

sure him arm punching is okay given the size of his arm, but with a well timed hard right cross onto someones chin, any one could drop, and he isnt making it extremmely difficult to do it judging by the first video.

so if he fights someone who wont get initimdated and has good hands, nighty night.

socratic
12/06/2009 1:44am,
This is all pretty sad, I was looking forward to Mariusz' fight. The man's a beast when it comes to power output but I guess pain output not so much.

SaintHamish
12/06/2009 1:50am,
Too much muscle is detrimental, here is the prime example.......May be big, strong and powerful but putting that into a high velocity sport such as MMA is a disadvantage......

Best of luck to him but IMO he wont go far......