PDA

View Full Version : So, I Buttscooted in a Streetfight...It Worked

Pages : [1] 2 3

Roidie McDouchebag
12/04/2009 10:19pm,
I've told a less detailed account of this elsewhere, but I think it's worth going into detail here, from a martial perspective. I was a little embarassed by it, but I think it's worth mentioning because if you just want to avoid damage and know how to use it, the buttscoot is really not that bad.

I suppose calling it a streetfight is a little misleading, because I got assaulted and didn't attempt to fight, only to defend myself, and by that I mean, try not to get hurt.

So I was at the gym and a guy threw a dumbell at me and then ran across the room. I told him to stop and put my hands up. He punched me. It glanced across my forehead and wouldn't have caused a bruise, except he had a ring on his pinkie. I started bleeding profusely.

I told him to stop again and backed away out of the gym onto the pavement. He followed, and swung several times, I dodged these shots. He cornered me. I rolled onto my back and started scooting while calling for help. I had steel toes on, I dunno if that made a difference, but when he tried to strike at me I kicked at his strikes and he wasn't able to get at me. I scooted around on the pavement for a couple minutes pushing him back every time he tried to get to me.

Eventually, help arrived and he got hauled away. I avoided getting into a fight I didn't want and he looked like a crazy idiot, which benefitted me more than a fight would have.

Wolf
12/04/2009 10:24pm,
WTF did you do to get him all pissed off?

Mr. Machette
12/04/2009 10:27pm,
But what about the lava pit full of aids needles?

2Many
12/04/2009 10:38pm,
a guy threw a dumbell at meHe THREW a dumbell at you?! Presuming the dumbell was of a decent weight (ie. 6kg/12lbs or more), my mind boggles at the logistics of such a task.

Having said that, the throwing of a dumbell could have had lethal results. Nice escape!

honest_truth
12/04/2009 11:13pm,
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll85/sakuraba78/wanderlei%20silva/stomp.gif

Dont do that if wanderlei ever throws a dumbbell at you.

SaintHamish
12/04/2009 11:25pm,
WTF happened in the lead up to the dumbell hurl? Seems like an exciting gym.....

Jcbal93
12/04/2009 11:43pm,
What did you do to make him throw a dumbbell at you?

FictionPimp
12/04/2009 11:45pm,
I got news for you, getting assaulted counts as a fight. Just because you don't fight back doesn't mean you didn't get in a fight. You just didn't participate.

Roidie McDouchebag
12/05/2009 12:14am,
WTF did you do to get him all pissed off?

His sister told him I raped her, I didn't, and the context which I won't go into here makes that blatantly obvious, but he doesn't care and just wanted an excuse to take a swing anyway. He already hated me.

He THREW a dumbell at you?! Presuming the dumbell was of a decent weight (ie. 6kg/12lbs or more), my mind boggles at the logistics of such a task.

Having said that, the throwing of a dumbell could have had lethal results. Nice escape!

Yeah, it hit me in the ribs. And hurt. A lot.

WTF happened in the lead up to the dumbell hurl? Seems like an exciting gym.....

He called me a rapist and said he ought to rape my sister.

I got news for you, getting assaulted counts as a fight. Just because you don't fight back doesn't mean you didn't get in a fight. You just didn't participate.

In a legal context, a fight implies consent. This was just him attacking me.

P Marsh
12/05/2009 12:31am,
Throwing a dumbbell at someone is at least assault with a deadly weapon, like throwing a bowling ball or hitting someone with a bat. You had pretty close to carte blanche in a situation where you were being attacked with a weapon and threatened along with family (if you do have a sister, not clear on the article).

Pretty much anything aside from a swift killing blow would not have been excessive force since he gave chase or easily contested to being such.

Roidie McDouchebag
12/05/2009 1:15am,
His family would have killed me. They still want to, and have tried, but they've been unsuccesful so far. I think they might have stopped trying now, but only time will tell.

bill_nye68
12/05/2009 1:26am,
why would she say you raped her. you brought it up.... details

devilboy7778
12/05/2009 1:47am,
take this roid head to court

johnpatricio
12/05/2009 2:20am,

Agreed, and get a restraining order too.

TheRuss
12/05/2009 2:23am,

I'm calling the irony police on this thread.

Squerlli
12/05/2009 3:03am,
I'm going to do my self a favor and just think that this guys sister is a stupid bitch and you're actually an alright guy.

Best case scenario: I would get a legal restraining order set against him and his entire family.

Worest comes to wroest: PM Sam Browning and hope his masterful law-jitsu will save you.