PDA

View Full Version : _Ing _Un Can Spar...

SifuJason
12/04/2009 10:46am,
So, I happen to live in a part of the world (North Carolina, of all places), where the local Wing Chun school actually produces some people who like to throwdown. In the spirit of controversy, and because there is a new Wing Chun related thread everyday here, and especially to prep us for the Sirc/DTT challenge, I submit this video to you all from my recent Throwdown I held.

Enjoy!

YouTube- Bullshido Throwdown NC, Nov 2009, Wing Chun vs Goldsmith Kung Fu White Belt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfPRdhK7b-Q)

It is Fake
12/04/2009 10:53am,
Yeah I ought to merge this into the other thread. This exact same conversation happened, with video, already.

Let the but it is Kung Fu vs Kung Fu Sifu Jason had nothing better to do begin.

Oh and it isn't controversial.

the WC guy's gloves are too bulky. You need the ones that expose the fingers and has less paddings to be effective. His kick blocks were not too bad. thanks for posting this. We don't see too many WC doing mma.. they should though because I think they will soon dominate if applied correctly.

IT IS NOT MMA.

SifuJason
12/04/2009 10:59am,
Actually, I teach MMA alongside kung fu, and the ruleset was NC amateur MMA, but with head kicks. They just didn't go to the ground for whatever reason...

It is Fake
12/04/2009 11:03am,
I'm preparing you for the arguments that will ensue.

IT IS NOT MMA.
THEY ARE KUNGFUERS.
THAT WASN'T WING CHUN.
THE GLOVES HINDER CHUN.
WHITE BELT BEGINNER.

Blah Blah Blah.

You know all the stuff in the other threadsssssssssssssssssssss.

SifuJason
12/04/2009 11:04am,
Nooooooooooooo!!!!! My thread shall be a beacon of light and purity in YMAS, a symbol for others to look upon in years to come, and it shall have the _Ing _Un!!!!

It is Fake
12/04/2009 11:08am,
Boxing.

G-Off
12/04/2009 12:51pm,
The Kung fu guy's footwork was...disappointing.

This isn't boxing-centric, "zere is vun UNT ONLY VUN vay" bias either. He was off-balance and awkward in his movement the whole time. I realize he's a white belt, but the footwork was just bad.

tideliar
12/04/2009 1:07pm,
Hands down, chin up & crossing your feet. But, practice makes perfect and getting punched in the face is a great form of biofeedback.

Thanks for the vid.

MMAMickey
12/04/2009 1:40pm,
To be completely unbiased, that wasn't half bad apart from the footwork.. bent knees help alot. It's not that kung fu guys can't throwdown anyway as long as they spar, sanshou is often evidence of that

shaolin pimp
12/04/2009 1:47pm,
The video wasn't the best quality mate! what does (Kaju) mean? style? any more videos?

Fake what happened to godzilla?

It is Fake
12/04/2009 1:50pm,
DTT is an idiot.

PizDoff
12/04/2009 1:53pm,
I admit I got distracted by the guy vigorously doing the ballistic butterfly stretching in the background. Not sure what to read of this really, don't seem more of these two fine fellows in your other uploads. Yes, white belt, etc. The aggression by red was nice, but the awkwardness makes it seem like the type of person I'm afraid to spar since I'd probably catch a power nut-kick or two.

What's with the camera going crazy near the end of the clip? It seems to happen in a few of the other videos.

SifuJason
12/04/2009 2:05pm,
The video wasn't the best quality mate! what does (Kaju) mean? style? any more videos?

Fake what happened to godzilla?

Kaju is short for Kajukenbo. It's a mix of karate, judo, jujitsu, kenpo and boxing. The branch I do has a ton of kung fu in it, and is called Wun Hop Kuen Do (founded by Al Dacascos).

The video is unfortunatetly not mine, but someone else from the TD. There are quite a few videos I posted on youtube from the TD, and they are embedded in the Raleigh Fall TD thread here on the forums.

SifuJason
12/04/2009 2:06pm,
I admit I got distracted by the guy vigorously doing the ballistic butterfly stretching in the background. Not sure what to read of this really, don't seem more of these two fine fellows in your other uploads. Yes, white belt, etc. The aggression by red was nice, but the awkwardness makes it seem like the type of person I'm afraid to spar since I'd probably catch a power nut-kick or two.

Interestingly, groin kicks are legal in our standard sparring rules set... I like that you noticed the aggression; it's the first thing I try to teach these guys. You have to be aggressive to some extent to win.

What's with the camera going crazy near the end of the clip? It seems to happen in a few of the other videos.

I think Youtube doesn't like the .mts format much, which is what I got the videos in from the guy who took them.

shaolin pimp
12/04/2009 3:45pm,
Yeah kajukenbo that sounds a bit like krav maga, I've heard of it Wun Hop Kuen Do (founded by Al Dacascos). Al is he a relation to mark dacascos by any chance, I think I read that somewhere that mark trained in his family style!

Where does the wing chun come from? is that included in the wun hop kuen do?

SifuJason
12/04/2009 6:22pm,
Al is Mark's father. The Wing Chun is the other guy (blue shirt); we have a small bit in our style, but it's mostly heavily adapted chi sao and pak sao, and doesn't look much like Chun at all.