PDA

View Full Version : If Bruce Lee's Game of Death was remade:Would you see it?

Pages : [1] 2

CharlieWoopAss2
12/01/2009 10:16pm,
Hey guys

I love Bruce Lee and his Movies, My Favorite is the incomplete footage that shot before he die. And it got me thinking, if someone remade it, would anyone see it. Do you think any Martial Artist can do it any justice?

Thanks

:bowdown:

Mr. Machette
12/01/2009 10:22pm,
Provided the guy in Bruce's role had tight enough form, hell yeah!

I think Tony Ja is a dynamic, and talented enough showman to do it justice.

Is that answer to your satisfaction troll boy?

battlefields
12/01/2009 10:27pm,
Jet Li's remake of The Big Boss, AKA Fists of Fury, in 1994 called Fist of Legend has some excellent fight scenes and is one of Li's best, so yes, if it were done right, I would see it.

Larus marinus
12/01/2009 10:43pm,
There was talk of Van Damme doing a movie loosely based on the concept (i.e. guy facing boss battles on the way up a building) a couple of years back, wasn't there?

battlefields
12/01/2009 11:04pm,
Yeah, I thought I saw something of that nature, but couldn't find corroborating evidence, so left it.

Larus marinus
12/01/2009 11:14pm,
Yeah, I thought I saw something of that nature, but couldn't find corroborating evidence, so left it.

I'm just trying to imagine how lulzy Seagal's version of GoD would be... if he decided to follow Bruce Lee's blueprint of using the movie to demonstrate the concept behind his style.

The final Aikido vs. Aikido deathmatch would be something to see.

hitandrun
12/02/2009 12:29am,
Donnie Yen

It would have to be less Bruce Lee-like. (no Wataaa!)
It would have to have actions surpassing Flash Point.
It would have to stick close to Lee's original script tho, sooooo;
the first boss at the bottom of the pagoda would be a wc master.

The foom foom gets g&p.

TheMightyMcClaw
12/02/2009 12:34am,
I personally liked the Game of Death remake in Final Fantasy VII, wherein you fight your way through a five-story pogoda filled with various Russian authors and playwrights.
I am so not making this **** up.

CharlieWoopAss2
12/02/2009 12:59am,
[COLOR=#cccccc]Mr. Machette, Larus marinus, battlefields I\'m Sorry to break your hearts but your not my type.I don\'t roll that way, and do you guys always stalk newcomers? [/COLO"]Larus marinus - Member Profile - Bullshido (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/member.php?u=87676)

Demon Eyes
12/02/2009 1:16am,
If it were done correctly. Keep the story, setting, purpose, and even the dialogue.
As well as get the leading Hong Kong action stars, as well as promising fight choreographers for the film. I'm thinking Donnie Yen, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung (Sammo has really taken a liking to WC, so he can be the first boss), Benny "The Jet" (I would like to see he and Jackie strike gold three times), Dan Inasonto (Bring back an original cast member).
At this point, those are the actors I'd like to see take part in the film.

That's the dream though. They have remade the movie, dozens of times (Usually with Bruce Lee look alikes). Each rendition more horrible than the last. I can't imagine a company actually accomplishing a decent remake.

100xobm
12/02/2009 2:35am,
Modernise it.

Putin for (standing) grappling.
Bob Sapp for the huge guy, or bill duff
Phil Elmore for the weapons guy
Crocop for kicks
Sifu Och (the original foomer) for 'punches'

the final guy could be Ed O'neill (Al bundy, apparently a BJJ blackbelt)

Demon Eyes
12/02/2009 3:00am,
^^
Case in point; crap.

Whathappened
12/02/2009 4:11am,
Donnie Yen

It would have to be less Bruce Lee-like. (no Wataaa!)
It would have to have actions surpassing Flash Point.
It would have to stick close to Lee's original script tho, sooooo;
the first boss at the bottom of the pagoda would be a wc master.

Seconded. Wonder who'll be Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as "Mantis (5th Floor Guardian)"?

Shaquille O'Neal, (http://www.examiner.com/x-9259-Miami-Celebrity-Examiner~y2009m6d17-Shaq-wants-to-fight-MMA-star-HongMan-Choi) seems like a good candidate, has acted in films, has mat experience. He should be able to pull off convincing hits/rolls/locks/etc.

Cybren
12/02/2009 5:01am,
Just cast Bruce Campbell as Bruce Lee, and then the rest of the (surviving) original cast, and make it a Bubba Hotep sequel.

EternalRage
12/02/2009 5:59am,
I think that 40 min or so cut of the pagoda sequence is fine by itself.

Don't remake it, don't cgi a Bruce lee film and then throw that in there, just leave it the **** alone. Put it into documentaries, fine.

By far the worst thing to happen to martial arts was the "Bruce Lee Phenomenon", where an ACTOR's portrayal of fighting somehow made countless pasty white nerds believe that they could beat up the entire high school football team with a couple "watahhhs" and cheesy fortune cookie one liners.

They were the 70s' equivalent of MMA fan boys. Do a remake and we'll have a new wave of Bruce Lee nutriders in addition to the armies of tapout geeks, please no.

Asriel
12/02/2009 6:12am,
As long as Rampage isn't in it?