PDA

View Full Version : As anybody ever used a tiger claw in MMA?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Osaka peach
11/13/2009 2:47pm,
Just wondering, since my ex-boyfriend believed the tiger claw was the end-all answer to any grappling or submission. (heartbreak, please heal up fast!) :icon_cry:

what is better than bash so old-school kung fu to feel better about being dumped, seriously :icon_wink

Southpaw
11/13/2009 3:11pm,
Just wondering, since my ex-boyfriend believed the tiger claw was the end-all answer to any grappling or submission. (heartbreak, please heal up fast!) :icon_cry:

what is better than bash so old-school kung fu to feel better about being dumped, seriously :icon_wink

Not only have I never seen the dreaded "tiger claw" used in MMA...I've never seen it used in a real fight...or against a resisting opponent.

It is awesome in movies!

I could also say the same thing for the phoenix eye fist or the puma fist.

wingchunx2z
11/13/2009 3:22pm,

I've used the tiger claw technique as was taught to me by my previous sifu in nearly all ranges.

Against grapplers it's got mixed uses i've used it as a hook ebfore to pul myself to the harness and eventually take the back. I've tested ti as a mount defense and got promptly arm abrred as per my expectation.

IN all honestly I think that the real benefit of teh tiger calw style of kung fu coems from teh CONDITIONING and grip strength your fingers gain from the training. the position of the fingers has very limtied uses in grappling and because the claw requires you to tense your wrist tendons your arm gets stiff and loses alto fo speed and the abnility to slip out of they get a grip.

Lampa
11/13/2009 3:24pm,
This was the best example I've found, thus far.

Probably not safe for work, though.

YouTube- Kung Fu Catfight! From www.KungFuCatfights.com! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjO4adfY9nU)

Ming Loyalist
11/13/2009 3:25pm,
i have had the tiger claw and phoenix eye used on me in mma sparring. there is nothing mystical about them.

* tiger claw - was punching a training brother in the face from inside his guard, he grabbed my pectoral muscle with his tiger claw, and it distracted me enough momentarily for him to sweep me.

* phoenix eye - forum member killing moon used it by digging phoenix eye into my floating ribs while in my guard to distract me enough to pass.

my verdict? useful as a distraction against people who aren't very good at grappling and/or who have a low tolerance for pain. against your average bar fighter it might gain you a moment to move to a superior position. against a trained fighter who is determined to **** you up? no.

as a "magic bullet" against grappling? hell no!!!

Conde Koma
11/13/2009 3:33pm,
I thought Tiger Claw was used to attack the eyes. Mirko Cro Cop uses it quite well.

Osaka peach
11/13/2009 3:42pm,
[quote=Ming Loyalist;2259913]i have had the tiger claw and phoenix eye used on me in mma sparring. there is nothing mystical about them.

* tiger claw - was punching a training brother in the face from inside his guard, he grabbed my pectoral muscle with his tiger claw, and it distracted me enough momentarily for him to sweep me.

* phoenix eye - forum member killing moon used it by digging phoenix eye into my floating ribs while in my guard to distract me enough to pass.

my verdict? useful as a distraction against people who aren't very good at grappling and/or who have a low tolerance for pain. against your average bar fighter it might gain you a moment to move to a superior position. against a trained fighter who is determined to **** you up? quote

My ex-boyfriend once defended himself in a public bus with a chi-sao defense or something but he never did alive sparring as far as I know. the flaw with those styles is that they attempt to teach you how to fight like an animal but without the animal natural weapons, thus ignoring the way our body is made to fight the best with nothing but blunt trauma attacks (exept for eye-gouge and bitting) Huh? a message tells me my message is too short?

maofas
11/13/2009 3:42pm,
Not only have I never seen the dreaded "tiger claw" used in MMA...I've never seen it used in a real fight...or against a resisting opponent.

It is awesome in movies!

I could also say the same thing for the phoenix eye fist or the puma fist.

I used phoenix eye (aka ippon kentsuki) all the time in 9th-10th grade to give my friends charlie horses.

Ming Loyalist
11/13/2009 3:47pm,
osaka peach - you should edit your post to fix the quote. it's confusing the way it is now, you can't tell when my statement ends and yours begins.

you need to add a [/quote] at the end of the part where you quote my post.

FYI, your ex is a moron, and you're not telling us anything new that we don't already know about 99% of the chunners out there.

Osaka peach
11/13/2009 3:50pm,
osaka peach - you should edit your post to fix the quote. it's confusing the way it is now, you can't tell when my statement ends and yours begins.

you need to add a at the end of the part where you quote my post.

FYI, your ex is a moron, and you're not telling us anything new that we don't already know about 99% of the chunners out there.[/quote]

I did what I could but I'm a complete dummy with comps, hope it's more clear now

Mr. Machette
11/13/2009 3:53pm,
Just wondering, since my ex-boyfriend believed the tiger claw was the end-all answer to any grappling or submission.
Uh, no. It's not.

It simply does not yield the same results from every person. Has about the same success rate as pressure points or even tickling.

Some people really can't take it, some people don't even notice. Some people can be taken off guard with it, but if they are prepared, then it has no effect.

Long story short, it is not reliable enough to count on %100 of the time.

Next time you see your ex, kick him in the balls. Far more reliable than tiger claw.

Nefron
11/13/2009 3:54pm,
Hai guiz.Has anybody used donkey phalus in a real fight?My friend told me that its the most advanced technique and too deadly for mma.

Osaka peach
11/13/2009 3:54pm,
Uh, no. It's not.

It simply does not yield the same results from every person. Has about the same success rate as tickling, or pressure points. Some people really can't take it, some people don't even notice. Some people can be taken off guard with it, but if they are prepared, then it has no effect.

Long story short, it is not reliable enough to count on %100 of the time.

Next time you see your ex, kick him in the balls. Far more reliable than tiger claw.

Sure will do!:new_let_i

Tom .C
11/13/2009 3:55pm,
I've used my bear hands

Mr. Machette
11/13/2009 3:55pm,
Hai guiz.Has anybody used donkey phalus in a real fight?My friend told me that its the most advanced technique and too deadly for mma.
This I can vouch for.

Never underestimate the pure destructive power of my massive donkey dick.

wingchunx2z
11/13/2009 4:23pm,
Sure will do!:new_let_i

Use your JKD wing chuninspired kick though becasue if you use any other style kind of kcik he will inevitably jam it with chi gerk.