PDA

View Full Version : Bujinkan display at a COSPLAY party

Pages : [1] 2 3

Osaka peach
11/13/2009 2:00pm,
Something that speaks volumes about the realism of ninjutsu is that last summer there was an awesome Cosplay party in quebec city (couldn't finish my Lina Inverse costume in time waaaaaahhh!) and there was a bujinkan ninjutsu exebition, complete with the ninja black gear and the hatsumi books. I understand they where trying to tap into the Naruto fan base but I seriously hope that Naruto fans don't think they can pull out anime moves by studying bujinkan! Their rubber shuriken throwing managed to impress the younger ones but I should have done the old bruce lee trick; try to block a punch. I did it against my shotokan blue beld brother and fellow shotokan blue belt boss, I did it with an ex-co worker ninja and of course nobody could block it. :laughing7 ah but a cosplay isn't the place to destroy people's delusions and dreams, it's the place to have MAJOR FUN!!! :qcheerlea

Res Judicata
11/13/2009 2:12pm,
http://actnormal.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/furries-kidding.jpg?w=400&h=500

Oh, you said cosplay.

Eudemic
11/13/2009 2:19pm,
Furry > Buj > Naruto

Baltic
11/13/2009 2:34pm,
I think this summarizes quite well my opinion on certain brands of cosplay...and kudos to Randall K. Milholland for creating it.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0018/5772/products/spaycat_large.jpg

Osaka peach
11/13/2009 2:37pm,
I think this summarizes quite well my opinion on certain brands of cosplay...and kudos to Randall K. Milholland for creating it.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0018/5772/products/spaycat_large.jpg

I'm french canadian and I don't know what spay means, sorry! :duckie:

Ming Loyalist
11/13/2009 2:48pm,
it means to remove their ability to reproduce, you spay a female pet and neuter a male pet.

Res Judicata
11/13/2009 2:49pm,
Spay means to remove a female cat's ovaries etc and render them sterile. de castrer? de neutraliser?

Nicko1
11/13/2009 2:52pm,
Ninjers at a cosplay party...finally they have found their niche...

Osaka peach
11/13/2009 2:55pm,
Spay means to remove a female cat's ovaries etc and render them sterile. de castrer? de neutraliser?

Oh, vous parlez franšais? Well I was a cat girl at this party (next time, Lina Inverse!) so please don't spay me, I want to have babies :new_Eyecr Atashi wa kawai neko musume desho?

Osaka peach
11/13/2009 2:58pm,
Ninjers at a cosplay party...finally they have found their niche...

I do have a few books about ninjutsu, and the infamous hatsumi one too. The practical ninjutsu one is a french book by harbezetzer (french karate black belt and martial art scholar) and the techniques are useless in modern society; all the weapon training is dumb I think. And the barehand stuff is just standard shotokan karate. The hatsumi book is 90 per cent spiritual drivel and 10 per cent self-defense against katana wielding attacker :merror:

Demon Eyes
11/13/2009 2:59pm,
No, you should've ninja buddied. You made the same mistake I had made.

There was a great candidate at an anime convention a few years back that I let slip away. Listen, a ninja buddy is essential. They are the distraction during a fight so that you may either:
A: Come in from behind and defeat the opposition
B: Run away and live to fight another day
C: Get such a beating that you and the opposition can become friends and laugh at his/her inability to fight together.

It's what they are trained to do. Fill in that void in their life and make them complete again.

Nefron
11/13/2009 3:02pm,
<guybrush treepwood mating voice> What's a nerdy girl like you doing in a place like this? </guybrush treepwood mating voice>

Osaka peach
11/13/2009 3:03pm,
No, you should've ninja buddied. You made the same mistake I had made.

There was a great candidate at an anime convention a few years back that I let slip away. Listen, a ninja buddy is essential. They are the distraction during a fight so that you may either:
A: Come in from behind and defeat the opposition
B: Run away and live to fight another day
C: Get such a beating that you and the opposition can become friends and laugh at his/her inability to fight together.

It's what they are trained to do. Fill in that void in their life and make them complete again.

pretty funny! unfortunalely I have to admit that the first time I heard about pressure point striking with a thumb-fist, I bought it. :eusa_wall

Osaka peach
11/13/2009 3:04pm,
<guybrush treepwood mating voice> What's a nerdy girl like you doing in a place like this? </guybrush treepwood mating voice>

I'm a martial art fan, and a nerd, at the same time. Makes me less than popular to men outside the otaku world :icon_cry:

wingchunx2z
11/13/2009 3:16pm,
I'm a martial art fan, and a nerd, at the same time. Makes me less than popular to men outside the otaku world :icon_cry:

Well apparently you're popular with the cold effecient killing machines of the wing chun community, jsut one trip to:

http://www.associationdenisshink.com/menu-en.html and you could find mr right!

Tom .C
11/13/2009 3:20pm,
Well apparently you're popular with the cold effecient killing machines of the wing chun community, jsut one trip to:

http://www.associationdenisshink.com/menu-en.html and you could find mr right!

someone has been practicing their sticky hands I see