PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for boxing dvds.

pmosiun
11/08/2009 8:05am,
Hi guys, i want to know more about boxing and i need some suggestion on boxing dvds.

Diesel_tke
11/08/2009 8:55am,
Why?

If you have no intentions of going to a gym and you just want to get a good work out in with some pretty realistic training, then go get the Bas Rutten work out DVDs. I've been using them for about 5 years, and still love them.

But you would really serve yourself a lot better by going and getting some proper instruction on technique and form, before jumping on a heavy bag. That way, if you ever decide to go to a gym, they won't have to unteach all of your shitty technique.

We had a guy come by that said that his striking was solid and he just wanted to train some ground fighting. Well, turns out that his striking instruction was done in his mind in front of a heavy bag, and everyone owned him in stand up. Even my 3 year old knows to keep his hands up.

Snake Plissken
11/08/2009 10:29am,
Hi guys, i want to know more about boxing and i need some suggestion on boxing dvds.

Second the suggestion of diesel about just visiting a gym.

However if you REALLY want a DVD (http://store.titleboxing.com/title-boxing-freddie-roach-fundamentals-of-boxing.html), to get a handle on things.......

bear in mind DVDs are designed to supplement not replace gymtime. There are times where I was never able to get a handle on something, only to watch it at home and the way it was shown or described just "clicked".