PDA

View Full Version : The Future of BJJ

Pages : [1] 2

Southpaw
11/05/2009 2:31pm,
My 6-year old son who is a 2-stripe white belt (and based on rank a senior to Jason Brinn) having one of the best nights of his life.

This is the 3rd time he got to hang out with Royce and they have developed quite the rapport.

I can't speak highly enough of Royce and his ability to connect w/ people of all levels and ages. He spent so much time playing w/ my boy that it is amazing.

My son is already asking me when the next time Royce is going to be in town so that they can play.

So yes...my boy is the future of BJJ and already has his heart set on a black belt buy the time he is 18...and according to his coach a world championship by the time he is 21.

DSL
11/05/2009 3:26pm,
That's awesome man! Really goes to show Royce's heart, I bet he had as much fun as your munchkin did ;).

escrimador6
11/05/2009 3:29pm,
When your kid is 16 and tells you that you aren't cool, show him this picture. Then make him apologize by mowing the lawn.

CoffeeFan
11/05/2009 3:43pm,
Your son just tapped out Royce

Snake Plissken
11/05/2009 3:46pm,
That is just precious.

Seriously.

That is precious.

Keeze
11/05/2009 3:47pm,
This is awesome! If only we all would have had the opportunity to find Jiu-Jitsu at that age. I can't WAIT to see what he's capable of even by the time he's 16!

Tom .C
11/05/2009 4:22pm,
You are a good dad. My oldest son is still pissed that I took my wife to see Stevie Ray Vaughn instead of him. It's been about twenty years and he still brings it up.

Larus marinus
11/05/2009 5:29pm,

I think this means that he just became a soke.

Vorpal
11/05/2009 6:26pm,
Crap, is there anybody that doesn't have better jiu jitsu than me? My four year old tried to sink in an RNC on me the other day, as I flipped him off me he managed to transition to an armbar before he hit the ground.

BTW, you sound like a really involved dad. Keep up the good work.

marcusdbrutus
11/05/2009 6:29pm,

So if I beat his child, does that mean technically I'm better than Royce?

Larus marinus
11/05/2009 6:34pm,
So if I beat his child, does that mean technically I'm better than Royce?

Yes. Yes, I believe it does.

Hey Vorpal - do you have a dog?

YouTube- bjj vs dog (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50TWffgtqZM)

omoplatypus
11/05/2009 7:37pm,
i hope my son is as cool as yours one day

Southpaw
11/05/2009 8:03pm,
Thanks all for the kind words. I'm proud to say my boy really does love BJJ and I didn't even push him into it (that much). My 3 year-old daughter can't wait to start and often comes to the kid's class and participates as much as she can (I've got great pics of her trying to shrimp). She's got her eye on a hot pink gi so it won't be long for her too!

I spent my whole life playing football, baseball and basketball and have nothing to show from it other than injuries and shattered dreams of going pro. If my kids can stick to BJJ and develop something that can stick with them their whole lives I'll consider my efforts a great success. Besides, I don't want my kids to be 36 years old and getting tapped out by ex-college wrestlers like I currently am! :5bouncy:

Southpaw
11/05/2009 8:04pm,
i hope my son is as cool as yours one day

And I can only hope my beard is as nice as yours someday my friend!

Mr. Machette
11/05/2009 9:15pm,
That's awesome your boy got meet Royce!

He always did come off as a stand up guy in his interviews, IMO.

DarkPhoenix
11/05/2009 9:52pm,
And I can only hope my beard is as nice as yours someday my friend!

That is a great aspiration to have, as WK's beard is the envy of many.

And that is freaking awesome about your son. He will be someone to look out for in the next 8-12 years.