PDA

View Full Version : Tonight I tried to explain what MMA was to a preteen girl

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sley
11/01/2009 11:18pm,
MMA is something that is hard to explain, to someone as ignorant as a preteen girl.

I was talking to someone about sports, you know soccer and ****, when I mentioned that the only sports I could really enjoy watching on T.V. were soccer and MMA, so the preteen girls were wondering what MMA was, and did I mention that they apperantly didn't know Pro-wrestling was fake. I was dumb founded at how some one could know so little, and I tried to explain it but had some trouble, I said it was like boxing but with really small gloves, and you can win by a submission, which is like a choke, or twisting their arm or leg so you can break it, a Knock out, like boxing, or a TKO which is when the ref decides that you are beating the guy up to badly.

Basically

I need some help here for the future and ****, how does one explain MMA in a way that will make a person want to watch it on T.V. and accurately depict it, with out and media or internet. (or paper)

On and don't you dare say that I should demonstrate it, or I'll be all like your post be whack and I'll snap my fingers in a z shape.

Evil Solvalou
11/01/2009 11:24pm,
Tell them it's like their cat fights in the cheerleader's locker room but without a lesbian orgy at the end.

Sley
11/01/2009 11:28pm,
Tell them it's like their cat fights in the cheerleader's locker room but without a lesbian orgy at the end.

is that because its a gay orgy because of the Grappling?

animlmthr
11/01/2009 11:34pm,
stop talking to pre-teen girls ASAP.

problem fixed.

SBG-ape
11/01/2009 11:52pm,
I'm not really sure what the context of the OP's story was, or where this thread is going, but I'm going to drop this guy in here:
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6954/1188994406433346a87dgi3.jpg
Just in case.

Hesperus
11/02/2009 12:00am,
Tell them it's like Combat Sambo, but without the headgear or kurtka.

Sley
11/02/2009 12:00am,
stop talking to pre-teen girls ASAP.

problem fixed.

I didn't want to be like, hey, I'm talking to your brother here, so STFU, that would hurt their poor poor Pre-Teen feeling, and create another emo chick.

Nicko1
11/02/2009 1:14am,
Perhaps you've found Pirate-jitsu's demographic.
http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/31612.jpg

Permalost
11/02/2009 1:25am,
"It's kickboxing mixed with wrestling."

Seems simple enough for the average person.

patfromlogan
11/02/2009 1:33am,
http://www.phawker.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/pervert.jpg

But don't worry, the Mormons will pray for you and they can even change gay guys to straights!
http://z.hubpages.com/u/246632_f248.jpg

Flail_Crapple
11/02/2009 1:53am,
"It's kindof like boxing, except you can do lots of other martial arts stuff too. So there is punching, plus kicking, kneeing, choking, wrestling, and other cool stuff like that. Want to help me carry the big bags of candy that I have in the back of my totally not suspicious panel van?"

Would that not do the trick?

Liffguard
11/02/2009 3:29am,
"It's kickboxing mixed with wrestling."

Seems simple enough for the average person.

Question answered. Seriously, why does it need to be more complicated than this?

Hesperus
11/02/2009 3:35am,
It's like Muay Thai and Luta Livre.

Cue Sirc: WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT LUTA LIVRE?

Hidden Ronin
11/02/2009 6:45am,
I concur with CodosDePiedra and liffguard. I say MMA is a ruleset which allows a person of any style to compete. It looks like Kickboxing and wrestling combined.

But then when people ask me what Judo is I say "Japanese wrestling", so maybe I'm prone to oversimplification in some peoples eyes.

Squerlli
11/02/2009 8:09am,
I concur with CodosDePiedra and liffguard. I say MMA is a ruleset which allows a person of any style to compete. It looks like Kickboxing and wrestling combined.

But then when people ask me what Judo is I say "Japanese wrestling", so maybe I'm prone to oversimplification in some peoples eyes.
If by oversimplification you mean "making some god damn sense" then I would say yes.

Tom .C
11/02/2009 8:24am,
You could just have said "That's ok, I don't get Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers"