PDA

View Full Version : Frank Dux - humanitarian and youth worker?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Larus marinus
10/14/2009 5:41am,
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/speaks-20979-bloodsport-boys.html

Am I just being too mean and cynical here in thinking that The Dux is probably less interested in helping disadvantaged kids than finding a fresh group of people who'll listen to him, find him interesting and think that he's cool?

vigilus
10/14/2009 10:14am,
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/speaks-20979-bloodsport-boys.html

Am I just being too mean and cynical here in thinking that The Dux is probably less interested in helping disadvantaged kids than finding a fresh group of people who'll listen to him, find him interesting and think that he's cool?

Yup.

What kinda volunteer work do you do?

Big brother big sister?
Work with the homeless?
Spend time at a hospital or soup kitchen?

No, instead they watched in amazement as Dux performed an array of takedown techniques that focused on conflict resolution without the use of physical harm to a proposed assailant, the most popular of which involved preventing someone from moving with the use of one well-placed finger.

Teaching kids to avoid physical harm in school when dealing with conflict seems like a decent approach. Especially considering how stupid schools are today where the victim can be punished just as bad of nor more than the aggressor.

dethklok
10/14/2009 10:34am,
I still say that we need gyms were kids can go and work out there differences. Violence is a part of our human nature and cannot be ignored. If you give people an outlet for there anger then you will most likely cut down on bullying and unnecessary violence in schools.

There have been plenty of times in school that I would have loved a place were myself and a person I had an issue with could go and settle it in a ring. Most people just need to go through the motions of our animal part of our brain, get through the conflict and then move on. Win or lose the encounter will be enough to settle down the animal part of your brain screaming at you to kick the **** out of the guy who is pissing you off.

coytheboy
10/14/2009 10:52am,
"Teaching kids to avoid physical harm in school when dealing with conflict seems like a decent approach."
Has Dux been trained to do this?

jkdbuck76
10/14/2009 11:02am,
"Teaching kids to avoid physical harm in school when dealing with conflict seems like a decent approach."
Has Dux been trained to do this?

Well, when you've punched thru bullet proof glass, had the fastest kick clocked and fought and won 3,000 matches in one afternoon..... well hell yes!

Asriel
10/14/2009 11:06am,
I would imagine he's far more comfortable teaching them non-violent conflict resolution without being qualified than teaching compliant crap that he knows will get them a good hiding and him a possible law suit.

DunkelAnanas
10/14/2009 11:12am,
On Thursday, Frank Dux found himself in an unfamiliar setting. It was on the gymnasium floor

Seriously, how did you guys miss this? Dux actually went on the gym floor. Maybe he even did some training while their!

Larus marinus
10/14/2009 11:19am,
Yup.

What kinda volunteer work do you do?

Big brother big sister?
Work with the homeless?
Spend time at a hospital or soup kitchen?

I have volunteered to work with the homeless in the past - though admittedly not that often. Did voluntary work in a charity shop too, several years back now.

To be honest, I'd question the motives of anyone who falsely claimed (still claims?) to be a much-decorated military veteran, war hero and government assassin in addition to being a Koga-ryu ninjutsu grandmaster and underground martial arts deathmatch champion - even when they're out doing something that would be considered admirable for almost anyone else...

Teaching kids to avoid physical harm in school when dealing with conflict seems like a decent approach. Especially considering how stupid schools are today where the victim can be punished just as bad of nor more than the aggressor.

Provided that he's teaching them something that actually works. I sincerely hope that none of these kids seriously tries to prevent an attack on the streets or in the playground by placing their finger under the guy's/other kid's nose and expecting them to stop.

Demon Eyes
10/14/2009 12:31pm,
Oh, that's a great role model for the kids.

"I am an ex-goverment agent who has carried out many secret missions for his country. I also had to hide from said Goverment, to which I was so loyal to, so that I may take part in a highly illegal underground martial arts tournament where the death of your opponent was sometimes just part of the game.... Prove it? Take my word for it. After all, I am a Ninja."

Great role model. Yeah, there's no way this is just a way to market himself so that he may get more students. Not at all.

vigilus
10/14/2009 12:57pm,
Oh, that's a great role model for the kids.

"I am an ex-goverment agent who has carried out many secret missions for his country. I also had to hide from said Goverment, to which I was so loyal to, so that I may take part in a highly illegal underground martial arts tournament where the death of your opponent was sometimes just part of the game.... Prove it? Take my word for it. After all, I am a Ninja."

Great role model. Yeah, there's no way this is just a way to market himself so that he may get more students. Not at all.

Why don't you must admit you hate freedom.

Demon Eyes
10/14/2009 1:23pm,
Why don't you must admit you hate freedom.
http://explodingplastic.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/superman_red_son1.jpg

Sri Hanuman
10/14/2009 1:42pm,
My only comment on this whole issue, is there will be quadruple number of larpers and nut huggers on Dux's side (plus soccer moms and charitable organizations.) This means the next time some ass hat will come on this forum bitching about Dux treated unfairly, he will have an army of legit charitable organizations and impressionable young 12 year olds as back up. STFU to a 12 year old, is like a kerosine cannister in a camp fire.

vigilus
10/14/2009 1:55pm,
I'm at a bit of a disadvantage, I don't jerk off to MMA-type movies and stuff.

I guess Frank Deuz is like Steven Segal and he puts on a show of working for the CIA being a special agent kinda ****? That's pretty weak.

THATS not much of a good role model.

Here's my question.

If a moron is spreading a good message should one listen to said message, being good, or dismiss it since it's speaker is a moron?

chalkieusa
10/14/2009 2:35pm,
I'm at a bit of a disadvantage, I don't jerk off to MMA-type movies and stuff.

I guess Frank Deuz is like Steven Segal and he puts on a show of working for the CIA being a special agent kinda ****? That's pretty weak.

THATS not much of a good role model.

Here's my question.

If a moron is spreading a good message should one listen to said message, being good, or dismiss it since it's speaker is a moron?

If the known moron is a known liar and outted fake military want to be, well, YES

My personal beef with this guy is his "fake" vet status. I am a vet, with 10 years in the Air Force, 8 years overseas. Kinda upsets me and my fellow "real" vets that guys like this can tell a few good stories and get away with it for years without having to really been there and done that!

Sri Hanuman
10/14/2009 2:39pm,
That begs the question (as well as a poor analogy of:) if a known pedophile and rapist was offering chess lessons, would you still go?

Mr. Machette
10/14/2009 2:55pm,
STFU to a 12 year old, is like a kerosine cannister in a camp fire.
I.E. BIG FUN, NUMBER ONE SUPER O.K.!!!!!!!!

BOOM!

Man, Dux has his heart in the right place mentoring kids, but he's a fraud and a compulsive liar.

Therefore he can't be trusted.

Simple, logical. Not nearly as much fun as destroying twelve year old kids verbally, or justifying the existence of Smokey the Bear PSA's...

BOOM!