PDA

View Full Version : BJJ in a street fight video - your opinions

Pages : [1] 2

youngfolk11
10/07/2009 1:00am,
Hi all,

just found this video on Fox news:
http://blogs.timeslive.co.za/gordo/2009/10/06/cabpedicab-fight-in-times-square/#

From what what I have seen in this vid is that the cab driver dodges the other guy's punch and then uses a very good single leg on him. He subsequently begins to choke the guy while on his back.

The full story is here:
MYFOXNY.COM - A pedicab operator and a taxi driver got into a brawl in the middle of traffic on Broadway near Times Square Monday morning. A Fox 5 News crew happened to be there and captured the fight on camera.
Veteran Fox 5 photojournalist Al Daughtry was shooting video for a story Reid Lamberty was reporting about the price of taxi cab medallions.
It isn't clear what sparked the fight, but the pedicab operator threw a cup of coffee at the cab. The driver of the taxi cab pulled his car into the path of the bike, running into it.

The cab driver came out and the two men threw down right in the middle of the intersection of Broadway and 53rd Street.

Reid Lamberty and a photographer from Entertainment Tonight, who was covering the David Letterman story outside the Ed Sullivan Theater, stepped in to break up the fight.

The two men then continued their verbal assault at each other. The pedicab driver picked up a waste basket and hurled it at the taxi cab driver, missing him but spilling garbage into the street.
The pedicab driver wanted to get away, but the cabbie tried to stop him. The pedicab rode the wrong way on 53rd Street, then up a sidewalk, and down 7th Avenue.

Police responded moments later and interviewed the taxicab driver, but the pedicab operator was gone.

--
Your thoughts? Is this BJJ?

I am assuming that the winner in this match is trained because I have never seen an untrained man dodge a punch and pull off a good single leg like and then try to end it with a choke.

Also, since I am still quite new in Bullshido, how do I get a picture next to my username?

3moose1
10/07/2009 1:07am,
Hi all,

just found this video on Fox news:
http://blogs.timeslive.co.za/gordo/2009/10/06/cabpedicab-fight-in-times-square/#

From what what I have seen in this vid is that the cab driver dodges the other guy's punch and then uses a very good single leg on him. He subsequently begins to choke the guy while on his back.

The full story is here:
MYFOXNY.COM - A pedicab operator and a taxi driver got into a brawl in the middle of traffic on Broadway near Times Square Monday morning. A Fox 5 News crew happened to be there and captured the fight on camera.
Veteran Fox 5 photojournalist Al Daughtry was shooting video for a story Reid Lamberty was reporting about the price of taxi cab medallions.
It isn't clear what sparked the fight, but the pedicab operator threw a cup of coffee at the cab. The driver of the taxi cab pulled his car into the path of the bike, running into it.

The cab driver came out and the two men threw down right in the middle of the intersection of Broadway and 53rd Street.

Reid Lamberty and a photographer from Entertainment Tonight, who was covering the David Letterman story outside the Ed Sullivan Theater, stepped in to break up the fight.

The two men then continued their verbal assault at each other. The pedicab driver picked up a waste basket and hurled it at the taxi cab driver, missing him but spilling garbage into the street.
The pedicab driver wanted to get away, but the cabbie tried to stop him. The pedicab rode the wrong way on 53rd Street, then up a sidewalk, and down 7th Avenue.

Police responded moments later and interviewed the taxicab driver, but the pedicab operator was gone.

--
Your thoughts? Is this BJJ?

I am assuming that the winner in this match is trained because I have never seen an untrained man dodge a punch and pull off a good single leg like and then try to end it with a choke.

Also, since I am still quite new in Bullshido, how do I get a picture next to my username?

One: I'd bet that its set up,

two, you don't. Unless you post 1000 times, or pay 20 bucks for a supporting membership.

G-Off
10/07/2009 1:11am,
It doesn't look like a setup to me, more like a semi-sloppy street fight. I think it's more likely the pedicab driver has a little bit of wrestling. That was a decent single-leg, he seemed to have a good base on the ground and didn't give his opponent any space, but the choke was sloppy. I think someone with a decent amount of experience, even 6+ months, would have tried to work for hooks if they were trying for an RNC. Notice the pedicab driver leaves his right leg on or in between the cab driver's legs on the ground, rather than trying to walk his hips up for better control.

potatowned
10/07/2009 1:16am,
the cab driver, sounded kind of middle eastern to me... i bet he had judo training. i think he definitely knew what he was doing. most people do not try to choke someone when they get them on the ground. they tend to spaz out and try to pound them out. i bet judo. and he went for the lapel choke as soon as it went down. and in that situation, i dont think he needed hooks. especially not on concrete. better to keep your feet under you.

youngfolk11
10/07/2009 1:30am,
two, you don't. Unless you post 1000 times, or pay 20 bucks for a supporting membership.

Thank you.

DarkXacreD
10/07/2009 2:14am,
the cab driver, sounded kind of middle eastern to me... i bet he had judo training. i think he definitely knew what he was doing. most people do not try to choke someone when they get them on the ground. they tend to spaz out and try to pound them out. i bet judo. and he went for the lapel choke as soon as it went down. and in that situation, i dont think he needed hooks. especially not on concrete. better to keep your feet under you.

what does being middle-eastern have to do with judo?

DKJr
10/07/2009 2:22am,
what does being middle-eastern have to do with judo?

It's popular over there. Typically Middle Eastern countries, Slavic, and West European countries do well in wrestling and judo. He did pretty judo things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judo_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympics

The Question
10/07/2009 2:25am,

Yeah, it's definitely judo. I mean, ****, he's middle eastern, they practically invented fucking Judo there.

That other ************ went down easy, so I guess he was probably trained in BJJ. You see how he keeps only one hip on the ground, like he's getting ready to shrimp out of mount? Yeah, textbook fuckin' BJJ. ************ didn't pull guard though, so he's definitely not training gi jiu jitsu.

And the guy in the suit that came up after, well he's definitely trained in cornering. You see how he was saying to the guy on bottom "come on, get up, get up, get up!". All the best cornermen do this, you can watch Rampage on TUF if you don't believe me.

A very good show from both sides. It's good to see the ref stepping in to stop it and stand them back up when there wasn't much progress on the ground. But they need to get their permits and **** so the fucking po-po's don't come and lock their events down.

I liked the using of cars to mark the ring. And the asphalt flooring was a nice touch too.

Anyone knows when this promotion is setting up another fucking street show?

youngfolk11
10/07/2009 2:53am,

I'm not sure, I think Dana White is going to give the Judo guy a 3 fight conract. The other guy just began training with Eddie Bravo to get his ground game better.

As for a next fight? Fox News filmed it so I'm guessing you'll have to call Bill O'Reily for a schedule. He is still negotiating with Dana White for a better deal. But Dana White's plan is to get the Judo guy up with Lyoto Machida.

Also, for a better vid:

YouTube - Pedicab Operator and Taxi Driver Brawl on Broadway on Fox 5 News (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O5z3LcNmzE)

SaintHamish
10/07/2009 3:11am,
Guy charges at guy, guy grabs leg, guys fall over and both guys roll around.....Wow..
Better start a thread......Oh hold on.....

Prone
10/07/2009 3:19am,
Guy charges at guy, guy grabs leg, guys fall over and both guys roll around.....Wow..
Better start a thread......Oh hold on.....

yeah...go ahead...it's awesome news

Purpleskunk
10/07/2009 3:24am,
Yeah, it's definitely judo. I mean, ****, he's middle eastern, they practically invented fucking Judo there.

That other ************ went down easy, so I guess he was probably trained in BJJ. You see how he keeps only one hip on the ground, like he's getting ready to shrimp out of mount? Yeah, textbook fuckin' BJJ. ************ didn't pull guard though, so he's definitely not training gi jiu jitsu.

And the guy in the suit that came up after, well he's definitely trained in cornering. You see how he was saying to the guy on bottom "come on, get up, get up, get up!". All the best cornermen do this, you can watch Rampage on TUF if you don't believe me.

A very good show from both sides. It's good to see the ref stepping in to stop it and stand them back up when there wasn't much progress on the ground. But they need to get their permits and **** so the fucking po-po's don't come and lock their events down.

I liked the using of cars to mark the ring. And the asphalt flooring was a nice touch too.

The question is, who won?

SaintHamish
10/07/2009 3:31am,
The question is, who won?

http://biblicalpaths.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/chuck-norris-002-thumb-400x498.jpg

youngfolk11
10/07/2009 3:38am,
http://biblicalpaths.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/chuck-norris-002-thumb-400x498.jpg

You know it!

The reason why the middle easterner got off the guy was because Chuck was giving him his death glare:

http://content.artofmanliness.com/uploads/2008/11/chuck_norris.jpg
But he didin't know Chuck was there...Chuck Norris controls all acts of combat.

youngfolk11
10/07/2009 3:29pm,
But seriously guys, what do you think of the video?

capt. moroni
10/07/2009 4:09pm,
How come none of this happens whenever I'm at Times Square?

Favorite part: pedihack tosses trash can, then yells about kicking hack ass while retreating.

Love the single leg. Pedihack runs, winds up, ready to swing, and hack scoops that leg. But don't think hack does BJJ b/c he didn't walk his legs up after getting on Pedi's back. Looked more like he was trying to fight hip against hip.