PDA

View Full Version : Ummm, read for yourself

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Black_Rose
2/03/2004 11:49am,
http://www.kungfulibrary.com/gong-fu-e-magazine.htm

Right hand side of page :

Achievements of Monks-Warriors

Chronicles of the Shaolin Monastery (Shaolin Si Zhi) preserved for us many names of monks-warriors from Shaolin who attained mystic heights of mastery and obtained superhuman abilities thanks to indefatigable training and diligent observance of true methods. For instance, monk Hong Wen who lived in the XIII-th century sat into the stance MA, put a stone slab weighing 50 kg on his head, stood a man on each knee and stayed so until a huge incense candle, as high as a man, half burned off. His disciple Jue Yuan could dodge several spears thrown at him, broke stone slabs with his fist, knocked a hollow in a wall with his finger, ground pebbles into powder in his palms, handled all kinds of Shaolin weapons with skill.
Monk Zhi Yin who lived in the XV-th century came to Shaolin at the age of sixteen. He gained such a mastery that he could easily move a stone weighing 500 kg with a push of his leg, break trees with kick, drive piles into ground with his heel, knock down several people at once with a kick.
Monk Shu Ran who lived in the XVII-th century perfectly mastered the art of "Light Body" QING GONG, jumped out of one pit into another, could jump up a wall or a high pole, and for it he was nicknamed "Genuine Master of Gong Fu". His contemporary, monk Shu Qing mastered the art of "Diamond Finger" to perfection, with his finger he could pierce a wooden board as it were a straw mat and crush stones into sand with blows of his elbows.
The XIX-th century also knew a lot of true masters. Monk Ji Hui gained outstanding success in exercises for hardness YING GONG. He crushed huge stones with his elbow like with a diamond pestle and broke thick wooden beams with an arm blow. Besides, he was proficient in the art of "Golden Bell", blows of a big iron hammer did not hurt him at all.
Monk Hai Fa beat off arrows shot at him, was able of dodging spears pointed at him from a few sides. Besides, he mastered the method "A Leg Weighing 1000 Jins", he could crush a stone with a "trampling" blow and kill a man with the "Iron Fist".
Monk Zhen Yue ran up a sheer wall of three meters high and mastered the art of "Light Steps". His disciple Ru Bi achieved some success in "Hard Art" YING GONG and additionally he perceived the "Luohan's Art" LUOHAN GONG and could fight against several armed enemies in pitch darkness.

shironinja
2/03/2004 4:13pm,
A lot of stories were made up to impress recruits. Don't hold stock in them.

The_Ghost
2/03/2004 4:16pm,
MANY MANY MANY stories always linger around places like the Shaolin temples and mysterious martial arts that people don't fully understand. It just adds to the mystery.

Like Bigfoot...or my mom.

KageReaper
2/03/2004 4:19pm,
That BS. Their rock fist doesn't stand a chance against my Nexus Beam attack.

The_Ghost
2/03/2004 4:20pm,
Their rock fist doesn't stand a chance against my Nexus Beam attack.

100000% agred, your Nexus Beam is so uber cool.

garbanzo
2/03/2004 4:22pm,
I believe the term is Fish Story.

virtual_mantis
2/03/2004 4:23pm,
sounds like the fish story syndrom. Every time you tell the story the fish keeps getting bigger. Although that jumping from pit to pit and up a wall. There's this dude at my school who is an umbelievable jumper. He can't jump up a wall but man that dude can jump.

The_Ghost
2/03/2004 4:23pm,
I believe the term is.......BULLSHIDO!

garbanzo
2/03/2004 4:24pm,
virtrual_mantis:

Dude, our chi must be sychronized. Heavy, man.

Hannibal
2/03/2004 4:42pm,
Yeah I'm always a bit sceptical whenever I hear about these amazing physical feats of the Shao Lin monks.Sounds like bullshit.Abilities exaggerated to create a false image of superhuman skill.

The_Ghost
2/03/2004 4:44pm,
Sounds like bullshit.Abilities exaggerated to create a false image of superhuman skill.

This coming from you, I am almost inclined to believe the Shaolin stories.

Jenfucius
2/03/2004 6:41pm,
Originally posted by Black_Rose
http://www.kungfulibrary.com/gong-fu-e-magazine.htm

Right hand side of page :

Achievements of Monks-Warriors

Chronicles of the Shaolin Monastery (Shaolin Si Zhi) preserved for us many names of monks-warriors from Shaolin who attained mystic heights of mastery and obtained superhuman abilities thanks to indefatigable training and diligent observance of true methods. For instance, monk Hong Wen who lived in the XIII-th century sat into the stance MA, put a stone slab weighing 50 kg on his head, stood a man on each knee and stayed so until a huge incense candle, as high as a man, half burned off. His disciple Jue Yuan could dodge several spears thrown at him, broke stone slabs with his fist, knocked a hollow in a wall with his finger, ground pebbles into powder in his palms, handled all kinds of Shaolin weapons with skill.
Monk Zhi Yin who lived in the XV-th century came to Shaolin at the age of sixteen. He gained such a mastery that he could easily move a stone weighing 500 kg with a push of his leg, break trees with kick, drive piles into ground with his heel, knock down several people at once with a kick.
Monk Shu Ran who lived in the XVII-th century perfectly mastered the art of "Light Body" QING GONG, jumped out of one pit into another, could jump up a wall or a high pole, and for it he was nicknamed "Genuine Master of Gong Fu". His contemporary, monk Shu Qing mastered the art of "Diamond Finger" to perfection, with his finger he could pierce a wooden board as it were a straw mat and crush stones into sand with blows of his elbows.
The XIX-th century also knew a lot of true masters. Monk Ji Hui gained outstanding success in exercises for hardness YING GONG. He crushed huge stones with his elbow like with a diamond pestle and broke thick wooden beams with an arm blow. Besides, he was proficient in the art of "Golden Bell", blows of a big iron hammer did not hurt him at all.
Monk Hai Fa beat off arrows shot at him, was able of dodging spears pointed at him from a few sides. Besides, he mastered the method "A Leg Weighing 1000 Jins", he could crush a stone with a "trampling" blow and kill a man with the "Iron Fist".
Monk Zhen Yue ran up a sheer wall of three meters high and mastered the art of "Light Steps". His disciple Ru Bi achieved some success in "Hard Art" YING GONG and additionally he perceived the "Luohan's Art" LUOHAN GONG and could fight against several armed enemies in pitch darkness.

so what. ronnie coleman can deadlift 800 lbs!

Scrotumlock
2/03/2004 6:48pm,
A lot of those things don't sound like anything more than what Jackie Chan does on screen (after a few takes and a trip to the hospital). Plus it's so vaugely described - with a little imagination these guys could either be super heros punching holes through trees and flying through the air... or they could be regular guys jumping (even stepping) from one 18" hole in the ground to another, pushing a loose boulder down a hill with a leg while braced, setting up untrained pesants and playing kick-dominos with them, smashing up chunks of dried clay, poking holes in mud walls, stomping 1/2" tent pegs into sand, having buddy slap his ass cheek with a mallet, and so on. I at least like to have my fishing stories to be specific enough that there is no confusion...

WingChun Lawyer
2/03/2004 6:54pm,
Well, last year I did see a presentation of some shaolin monks - dunno if they were the real deal or not, they seemed just a bunch of bald boys.

Danced a lot, interesting choreography, etc. Then they suspended one of their guys by the tips of half a dozen spears - and he wasn't wearing a shirt, you could actually see the marks on his chest after that.

Of course, after some years people will tell that the guy actually caught a bullet with his teeth, but that was quite impressive.

And if you have to wear a dress and meditate all day, without sex or booze, you may start to develop some curious skills just in order to pass the time.

grego
2/03/2004 7:12pm,
WC Lawyer, I actually saw a guy catch a bullet with his teeth. It was on a show in the 70's called That's Incredible or either Real People (can't remember which one because I was young. It all boiled down to some idiot with this bullet proof mouthpiece contraption. A guy with a rifle mounted on a stand shot into the center of the mouthpiece. The mouthpiece had a hollow in the middle of it where the bullet was trapped. The mouthpiece did all the work. This idiot just had to be fool enough to stand there, REALLY REALLY STILL!

He did have a bloody mouth afterward. Probably fucked up his teeth.

God I loved the 70's!

WingChun Lawyer
2/03/2004 7:16pm,
That is sick, disgusting, nauseating, and pathetic.

Thanks for sharing Grego.

My own sifu always used this stunt as an example of what you cannot actually do with chi, no matter how hard you try - now I can explain him how it works!