PDA

View Full Version : hello. i am a newb.

potatowned
9/29/2009 3:28am,
Hi everyone. I am new here. i live in Southern California and have been training BJJ for about two years. I started at Lotus Club and am now at GB Irvine. My favorite fighter is probably Chon Li from Bloodsport, followed closely by BJ Penn and Fedor Emelianenko. I once saw Rampage speeding around town in his Audi. I also once saw Tank Abbott at Savannah at the Beach, a restaurant in Huntington Beach. Its kind of a semi-nice restaurant, so it was a little strange seeing him there. He was wearing a tshirt and shorts hanging out at the bar, drinking a lot. He looked exactly like he did 15 years ago.

I like photography, film, books, sports, science fiction and food. I like armbars from the back and triangles from mount. Well, thats my introduction. Nice to meet you all!

creativo
9/29/2009 10:16am,
Welcome. How did you get into BJJ?

potatowned
9/29/2009 11:35am,
Well, I had just graduated college, I had no job and I was getting really fat playing World of Warcraft every day. I had weighed around 185 all throughout college and I blew up to around 200 pounds. My roommates basically told me that I was a fatass and needed to get my **** together because I was addicted to WoW. So, I canceled my account, bought a gym membership and started working out. Having always been a fan of MMA and the grappling aspect in particular, I checked out a few local schools and the price was right for me, so i joined! After about 4 months of lifting 3x a week and BJJ 3x a week, I dropped down to around 170!

Conde Koma
9/29/2009 12:43pm,
awesome, i love hearing success stories like that.

yay for more socalites! you in irvine proper then, or just training there?

potatowned
9/29/2009 1:48pm,
Yup, have lived here in Irvine for the past 7 years. I live about two miles away from Gracie Barra Irvine.