PDA

View Full Version : Tremors

kikoolol
9/25/2009 9:13pm,
I'm back from Judo. Had some shiai practice. I'm using my arm muscles a lot, maybe because I'm bad.

In any case...

I don't know if it's because my training has ramped up somewhat from the last time I did Judo. Last semester my arms never used to do this. But yesterday and today, I feel tremors in my hands and arms, especially my right one (I am right handed). In addition, my right shoulder and right wrist hurt. It's nothing intolerable, but it is slightly annoying.

I am sorry for the dumb question, but I was wondering if tremors are a sign of physical exhaustion and if I should take it easier next time I have Judo. I am kinda scrawny muscle-wise (I am an ex-computer gamer nerd), but they are usually very steady.

So, do you guys suppose I should take it easy and avoid overburning my muscles in the following classes? Thanks, sorry again for the dumb question.

Tom Kagan
9/26/2009 10:39am,
Are the tremors when you move your hands or when they are at rest?

smartangel
9/26/2009 10:46am,
all of this happen because you dont have a strong back. A judoka use it's body and leg and hand are only for grip . do some dead lift, good morning , and squat .

smartangel
9/26/2009 10:48am,
focus on your lower back (le ba du do )

kikoolol
9/26/2009 5:49pm,
Are the tremors when you move your hands or when they are at rest?

A little at rest, but it worsens when I hang my hands in the air.

permahudef
9/26/2009 8:40pm,
Sounds like it could be over-exurtion or any number of other things. Is it changing over days?

kikoolol
9/28/2009 1:39am,
Stopped completely the next day.

I suppose this answers my question. Overmuscling, probably, which isn't a very good tactic with the amount of muscle I've got...

Funny thing is that I took the first 30 minutes (mostly uchikomi) very easy because I had eaten pizza right before class and it was not being digested too well. First time I found myself shaking like a junkie in need after practice. I would have been hard-pressed to lift my computer.

LI GUY 1
9/28/2009 1:59am,
Maybe you just aren't strong enough or well conditioned. Also, sleep, recovery, it could be so many things.

permahudef
9/28/2009 6:51am,
Stopped completely the next day.

I suppose this answers my question. Overmuscling, probably, which isn't a very good tactic with the amount of muscle I've got...

Funny thing is that I took the first 30 minutes (mostly uchikomi) very easy because I had eaten pizza right before class and it was not being digested too well. First time I found myself shaking like a junkie in need after practice. I would have been hard-pressed to lift my computer.
Glad that cleared up, but I gotta ask:

Pizza?

I dunno about you guys, but I like a homemade McEgger at least an hour before class: It's the right size and has some protein. It doesn't make me feel like puking part way through class, but I'm not starving either.

kikoolol
9/28/2009 11:38pm,
Glad that cleared up, but I gotta ask:

Pizza?

I dunno about you guys, but I like a homemade McEgger at least an hour before class: It's the right size and has some protein. It doesn't make me feel like puking part way through class, but I'm not starving either.

I do not eat many things. Pizza is well accepted by my stomach, though.

TheRuss
9/29/2009 1:06am,
So are we talking tremors (which sounds like Parkinson's) or spasms (which sounds like overexertion)?

kikoolol
9/29/2009 1:44pm,
The kind where you shake uncontrollably upon the slightest exertion on muscles.

Curse French.